Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

I'm the worst mother in the world!!!

Posted by on Aug. 7, 2012 at 6:22 PM
  • 18 Replies

Thats what my dd is making me feel like.  She fractured her coccyx (broken tailbone) and due to her pain i have to limit certain activities like jump rope, bike riding. Her friend invited her to go Ice skating this weekend and i had to say no.  the kid can't skate and spends 90% of her time falling on her ass.  So now i'm getting the silent treatment

by on Aug. 7, 2012 at 6:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
baby7810
by Bronze Member on Aug. 7, 2012 at 6:24 PM

you are doing the right thing. but man thats gotta hurt, the broken tailbone i mean

mizkriz73
by Bronze Member on Aug. 7, 2012 at 6:26 PM

Why don't you offer to have her friends come over and do a movie night thing? My oldest ds had stitches in his knee and so yeah he had to stay off of it and his friends came over and made their own pizzas and had a movie night. It was fun.

Msgme
by Platinum Member on Aug. 7, 2012 at 6:27 PM

Quoting baby7810:

you are doing the right thing. but man thats gotta hurt, the broken tailbone i mean

It does she's in quite a bit of pain at times and she hates taking pills so its a struggle to get her to take pain meds.  She'll also continue to sit in the worst positions and then complains it hurts to move.

terpmama
by Gold Member on Aug. 7, 2012 at 6:30 PM
Maybe come up with a fun (falling free) alternative.... Like a mani pedi sleep over?
Msgme
by Platinum Member on Aug. 7, 2012 at 6:31 PM

Quoting mizkriz73:

Why don't you offer to have her friends come over and do a movie night thing? My oldest ds had stitches in his knee and so yeah he had to stay off of it and his friends came over and made their own pizzas and had a movie night. It was fun.

I allow her to be with her friends alot like right now she's outside with her friends. She can still do alot just ice skating is not a good idea.  She goes to thier houses, they come here  they go out for pizza or tacos. She's not house bound just no ice skating.

Msgme
by Platinum Member on Aug. 7, 2012 at 6:33 PM

I forgot to mention its not like she's 6 and can't understand why I had to say no. She's 13

kansasmom1978
by on Aug. 7, 2012 at 6:52 PM

Where do u live where there is ice right now lol. I can understand you not wanting to fall on her ass.

AM-BRAT
by Gold Member on Aug. 7, 2012 at 6:57 PM
1 mom liked this
Ice can be maintaned indoors lmao.

Quoting kansasmom1978:

Where do u live where there is ice right now lol. I can understand you not wanting to fall on her ass.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
pasteeater
by on Aug. 7, 2012 at 6:58 PM
Lol there's these things called "ice skating rinks" they stay cold all the time.

Quoting kansasmom1978:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
phantomphan
by PrincessBcake on Aug. 7, 2012 at 6:59 PM
1 mom liked this
Right? Lol

Quoting AM-BRAT:

Ice can be maintaned indoors lmao.

Quoting kansasmom1978:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)