Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

should i put her in day care?

Posted by   + Show Post
Hi i am a stay at home mom with two kids 5 and 1. I cant get anything done with my one year old clinging onto me all the time. Would it make me look like a bad bad to put her in day care, even though i am a stay at home mom? Seems like people would think im dumb or something. Because that is my job is a stay at home mom. What should i do? Does it make me look stupid? We were paying my mom $50 to take her for the night, but she doesnt do that much latley. Its just bugging me. Help?, advice? Anything will help!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 7, 2012 at 7:05 PM
Replies (41-47):
.stella.
by Stella on Aug. 8, 2012 at 12:00 AM
Strange IMO. Then again I work full time and would love extra time with my kids
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kcook55
by Platinum Member on Aug. 8, 2012 at 12:01 AM

i would only put a 1 yr old in daycare if i worked and had no friends/family that could watch her

aus14
by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 12:04 AM
The daycare my son attends several stay at home mom sends their kids, 1 yes for socialization even though the kids are 4 and under, 2 my provider has a full pre k curriculum so at 18 months she is working with them getting use to circle time, how to follow classroom rules, not just the learning which could be done at home. So don't feel bad
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Caitlin10081989
by Ruby Member on Aug. 8, 2012 at 12:26 AM

No, it would not make you look bad to put her into daycare. Do not put her into daycare. 

JessyP112111
by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 12:44 AM
1 mom liked this
I say a couple hours a day one or two days a week would be fine. I am a SAHM also and I would love a few hours to clean by myself. I have a 3 year Old and an 8 month old. But my oldest is starting head start in a couple of weeks and after that I am going to pay my MIL (who runs a daycare at her home) to take the youngest once a week for a few hours so I can run my errands and have time to myself. I don't think there is anything wrong in wanting time to yourself to do things that need to be done. And doing them with a little piece and quiet never hurts either lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kansasmom1978
by Katie on Aug. 8, 2012 at 1:06 AM

In my opinion? Yes. there is no point in paying for daycare when you are home. Get a baby gate and use it to keep her out of the way. 

sedromom
by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 5:17 PM

Do what you need to do.  Don't ask for anyone's advice or opinion that does not live in your house or know you.  If you can afford half-day daycare 1 or 2 days a week so you can spend more quality time with your 5 year old or to preserve your sanity DO IT.  No one else is in your shoes.  A mom that suffers from anxiety or gets depressed and does not seek help is not helping her kids.  That said, your husband or the baby's father should be  helping out 110% when he is home.  Do you have any close friends or family that could watch the baby?  Do not let other's judgements not allow you to do what feels right to you.  However if you want to put your kid in daycare to have a spotless house get over it (said kindly) because your house won't be clean again until you kids are out of the house.  Maybe rethink your priorities?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)