Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

concerned mother

Posted by on Aug. 7, 2012 at 7:26 PM
  • 6 Replies
Hello my name is hope and I have a 19 month old and a 3 year ol. Me and their father are divorced. I am concerned with my 3 year olds behavior to his sister. He has continued to hit her and push her down at times. He does show her love by hugs and kisses. But my parents caught him literally punching her. I have tried everything in the book and nothing seems to be working. I am open minded and would love feedback. Thank u and hope to hear from anyone.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 7, 2012 at 7:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
3PinkRibbons
by on Aug. 7, 2012 at 7:31 PM

I am going to say that it's perfectly normal for your son to be jealous of the baby.  However, you or your parents need to correct him as soon as he grabs for her.  Teach him that it isn't okay to hit girls, or anyone else for that matter.  It's easier for children to take their frustrations out on the nearest thing and it seems like his sister is it.  Just keep correcting him.  Good luck! 

ilovemy2kids14
by on Aug. 7, 2012 at 7:34 PM
Thank u. We have continously corrected. Punished. Put on knees. Spank. Ect. This has been going on for a while now. Do u think its time for another action to be taken?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kagegirl
by on Aug. 7, 2012 at 7:42 PM
My mom always says, they need love the most when they deserve it the least. Try spending extra time with just you and him. Between the baby and divorce he knows his little world is no longer the same and he is acting out.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
3PinkRibbons
by on Aug. 7, 2012 at 7:45 PM

Quoting kagegirl:

My mom always says, they need love the most when they deserve it the least. Try spending extra time with just you and him. Between the baby and divorce he knows his little world is no longer the same and he is acting out.

I think this is a very good idea!  spanking is probably giving him the wrong idea.  It's your way of correcting him when he's bad, so he probably thinks it's okay to correct his sister in the same way when he feels she is bad.  I would def try this approach!  

kagegirl
by on Aug. 7, 2012 at 7:52 PM
Don't get me wrong. I spank my kids, not often, but they know its an option. In this instance, however it is the wrong approach.

Quoting 3PinkRibbons:

Quoting kagegirl:

I think this is a very good idea!  spanking is probably giving him the wrong idea.  It's your way of correcting him when he's bad, so he probably thinks it's okay to correct his sister in the same way when he feels she is bad.  I would def try this approach!  

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ilovemy2kids14
by on Aug. 7, 2012 at 11:23 PM
1 mom liked this
Thank u guys so much :) I did have a good talk with him. And kind of got down to the bottom of it. It's scary when ur 3 year old is as smart as a 5 year old LOL. I really enjoyed hearing yall different opinions. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN