Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club
What brands of shampoo don't have sulfate?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 7, 2012 at 11:21 PM
Replies (21-30):
Kodysmommy928
by Jenjo-a-gogo on Aug. 8, 2012 at 10:02 AM

PM me your address and I will send you a sample of toothpaste. 

Quoting mehere123:

I didn't know it was in toothpaste also. She has issues with her gums too. And with the shampoo her scalp get dry and dandruff and I can see spots where her scalp has a pink irritation type rash. And she will itch her head a lot. What toothpaste doesn't have sulfate?

Quoting eema.gray:

Sulfates (sodium laurel sulfate and a few others) are added to shampoos to make them foam up.  They are used in toothpaste for the same reason.  I get dandruff from sulfate-containing shampoos and irritated gums from toothpaste that contains sulfate.

OP, if your daughter is sensitive to sulfates, you're going to want to try and find sulfate free toothpaste as well.

Quoting JesusJunkie:

What does sulfate do and why don't u want it in your shampoo? I'm curious bc I'm having shampoo issues

Kodysmommy928
by Jenjo-a-gogo on Aug. 8, 2012 at 10:03 AM

No it's not.  Lower, but not free.  Read the label.

Quoting Aphrodisiac:

Suave Keratin

Stephanie329
by Platinum Member on Aug. 8, 2012 at 10:07 AM
One n only Argon oil line brand at Sallie's.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kodysmommy928
by Jenjo-a-gogo on Aug. 8, 2012 at 10:09 AM

Which one are you using?  The last time I checked, even the one they sell as "Natural" has sulfates.  

Quoting AmaliaD:

My Pantene doesnt

Aphrodisiac
by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 10:13 AM

Oh well I tried, just a guess. I cant read the label if I don't have it on hand.

Quoting Kodysmommy928:

No it's not.  Lower, but not free.  Read the label.

Quoting Aphrodisiac:

Suave Keratin

Stephanie329
by Platinum Member on Aug. 8, 2012 at 10:20 AM
Also, l'oreal has a line that I tried before I stopped using brands tested on animals. I think it's called "Everpure"?

*Most* brands available at a salon are sulphate free. Not all though.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Stephanie329
by Platinum Member on Aug. 8, 2012 at 10:23 AM
I'm interested in that too, I've never heard of a sulfate free one from Pantene.

OP I thought of another cheaper brand available at Target/Walmart: Organix. They have different ones but the sulfate free ones are advertised on the front.

Quoting Kodysmommy928:

Which one are you using?  The last time I checked, even the one they sell as "Natural" has sulfates.  

Quoting AmaliaD:

My Pantene doesnt

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gregheather
by Member on Aug. 8, 2012 at 10:31 AM

An allergy to sulfa drugs is not related to sodium laural sufate - they are completely different chemicals. However, you can still be sensitive to SLS - a true allergy to SLS is extremely uncommon - that's why it is so widely used.

Momforhealth
by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 10:32 AM

My store provides shampoo's without sulfates. 

AmaliaD
by Platinum Member on Aug. 8, 2012 at 10:35 AM
Quoting Kodysmommy928:

I think it's a really really recent switch. I have the yellow cap. For fine hair, the strengthening kind. Big sticker on it. Now with no para(something) suv sulfates or silicone.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)