Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

So my wonderful father's birthday is coming up and I literally have no idea what to get him. He's going to be 46, he's a very hands on kinda guy, his hobbies include wine, food, guitar making, riding his BMW moto, and music (sade, dave matthews, john mayer).

He's got like one of everything and usually just buys what he wants. I'd like to keep it under a hundred. Any help is greatly appreciated, he's going through a nasty divorce and has had a rough year. I want this to be special. THANK YOU!

If everything seems under control,

your just not going fast enough.

by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 1:31 PM
Replies (11-13):
MaskedMomma
by Member on Aug. 8, 2012 at 6:35 PM
1 mom liked this

some wine glasses you decorated w/ guitars or guitar picks around the bottom or something and a nice bottle of wine? Or a trip to a wine tasting and a gift card for their gift shop? Since he has one of everything and just buys what he wants them give him something he CAN'T buy or a nice experence and memory...

gofast_mama
by Member on Aug. 9, 2012 at 9:57 AM
Quoting MaskedMomma:

some wine glasses you decorated w/ guitars or guitar picks around the bottom or something and a nice bottle of wine? Or a trip to a wine tasting and a gift card for their gift shop? Since he has one of everything and just buys what he wants them give him something he CAN'T buy or a nice experence and memory...

That's a very good point!
gofast_mama
by Member on Aug. 9, 2012 at 10:02 AM
1 mom liked this
Thank you ladies so much for all the ideas! Since we are lucky enough to live in Colorado I've mapped out a great ride up to a fancy schmancy steakhouse, I've called them and they will be doing a full tasting with wine for us! So my dad and I will ride up and meet the rest of the gang up there. I've also called some friends who have a cabin a little further up the road and we will all be staying there! Its going to be hard to keep it a secret, I hope he likes it!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)