Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Pro Aqua ....scam?????

Posted by on Aug. 9, 2012 at 4:17 AM
  • 18 Replies

Anyone have one? Try one? Hear anything about it? It is AA air purifying cleaning system. It uses water to filter dust from the air. It is also a vacume, humidifier and dehumidifier. It costs about $2500. I just got one for a 3 day trial. I really like it, but am having a hard time justifying spending so much.

Anyone that knows anything about it, your opinion would be helpful. Thanx!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 9, 2012 at 4:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
.Diddles.
by on Aug. 9, 2012 at 4:19 AM
I am not willing to drop $2500 on a vacuum. It sounds like the Kurby(?). People say its worth is and it lasts forever, but it's too expensive for my taste. I'm happy with my Oreck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LoriLou75
by Lori on Aug. 9, 2012 at 4:21 AM
I have a Dyson, and I honestly think the Dyson has more suction!

Quoting .Diddles.:

I am not willing to drop $2500 on a vacuum. It sounds like the Kurby(?). People say its worth is and it lasts forever, but it's too expensive for my taste. I'm happy with my Oreck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SilverOcean84
by Cindy on Aug. 9, 2012 at 5:49 AM

Looks almost like a Rainbow. Rainbow uses water and works very well but a little loud

CheyennesMommy2
by on Aug. 9, 2012 at 6:25 AM
We had a lady demstrate a frog..or something..same thing...cool, very cool, not worth $3 grand! We almost bought it though...dh kinda wants to since we getting a cat but I said NO! Just buy me a new vacumme and carpet scrubber!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
blessed107
by on Aug. 9, 2012 at 6:30 AM

Well if it woke you up and made you coffee,gave you a few back massages,would you be willing to keep it?

LoriLou75
by Lori on Aug. 9, 2012 at 6:49 AM
The thing that really makes me want it is that it cleans the air. If I can have just one child sick without spreading their germs to everyone in the home, it's totally worth it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
StrtnOvr
by on Aug. 9, 2012 at 7:16 AM
Will you really use it? How loud is it? Is out big enough to purify the whole house, our just one or two rooms? Is it easy to dump when using as a vacuum?
I would really think about this, and more, before i spent this much money on something. I love my Shark more than my Dyson, and it really picks up my cat and dog hair.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JustFox
by Bronze Member on Aug. 9, 2012 at 7:19 AM
My SO sold Hylas for awhile. It isnt a bad system and for people with sinus issues it can really help. It is an expensive system but he would really like to get one.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LoriLou75
by Lori on Aug. 9, 2012 at 7:21 AM
I know I will use it. I had a rainbow, and always used it. It IS very loud. It is large enough to purify to entire home. It vacuums great, and although the Dyson seems to suck harder, the pro aqua sea RO clean better ( if that makes sense.

Quoting StrtnOvr:

Will you really use it? How loud is it? Is out big enough to purify the whole house, our just one or two rooms? Is it easy to dump when using as a vacuum?

I would really think about this, and more, before i spent this much money on something. I love my Shark more than my Dyson, and it really picks up my cat and dog hair.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LoriLou75
by Lori on Aug. 9, 2012 at 7:23 AM
Never herd of hylas, and google came up with a yacht ( I doubt that's what you are talking about) is it also a water vac?

Quoting JustFox:

My SO sold Hylas for awhile. It isnt a bad system and for people with sinus issues it can really help. It is an expensive system but he would really like to get one.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)