Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

I need a GOOD mop! Suggestions?

Posted by   + Show Post

I need a new mop and I want to get a good one this time. I haven't really been satisfied with any mop I've ever used. I've tried the Swiffer, the Clorox brand that is basically just another form of Swiffer, I've tried cheap ones, expensive ones.... right now I am using some Libmann piece of crap. Ugh. I am tired of mop shopping! lol. My issue is I have 4 kids and sometimes they drip and spill and splash and I end up with things dried onto my floor and it is a bitch to get it off. And yes I know that it would be easier if I wiped it up BEFORE it dries.... but I am not always right there to wipe every little drop that lands on the floor right as it happens. I usually make dinner, feed the kids, get them all bathed and in bed and THEN I clean up the dinner mess. So by then, I have things stuck to my floor.

I need a mop that is good for that kind of thing. I don't really enjoy getting on my hands and knees to scrub the floor. lol. A friend of mine has a Shark steam mop and she really likes it.... but they're kind of expensive. I don't wanna spend that much on a mop without knowing if I'll like it.

Any ideas?

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

by on Aug. 9, 2012 at 2:19 PM
Replies (21-26):
SareyF
by Silver Member on Aug. 13, 2012 at 8:49 PM
1 mom liked this
I have the cheaper one too. I think I bought it on sale even.

Quoting JenMarie87:

Which one do you have? I got the one that was $50 but they had another one that was like $120.

Quoting SareyF:

I'm in love with my shark steam mop. No chemicals, no sticky residue, saves money, and my floors look great! My parents saw mine and ran out to get one too cause they are just so cool lol

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
myperfect4inok
by on Aug. 13, 2012 at 9:42 PM
I love my steam mop. I still get on my.hands and knees and do my floors 3-4 times a week but my steam mop comes in.handy when I wanna be lazy and throughout the day with spills and stuff.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tools4mom
by on Aug. 13, 2012 at 9:53 PM
1 mom liked this

I use a Bissell Steam Mop and love it because it's chemical free of course and it removes any hard sticky messes on my floor.  :0)  I have kids too so I know what you mean by trying to keep up. lol!  Keeping your house chemical free is the best thing you can do for your family! I can share more ideas with you if you're interested!

mama_desi
by on Aug. 13, 2012 at 9:57 PM
1 mom liked this
I love my shark steam mop.....its a little pricey but well worth it and in the end save you money. Your not working with chemicals just steam that sanitizes everything, good for little ones that always rolling around. I would NEVER buy another mop other then a shark I want the newer one.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
brittani
by on Aug. 13, 2012 at 10:09 PM
Rubber maid mop. I have the shark and it doesn't get my floor very clean. I web behind it with the Rubbermaid mop and was grossed out by what it picked up that the shark did not
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ariellasmom
by Bronze Member on Aug. 13, 2012 at 10:15 PM
I have the sweeper wet jet. It works fine for me. My mother in law has The shark mop
And I've always wanted one. But it's to Much money
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)