Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

What do you think about this? a little too much?

Posted by on Aug. 9, 2012 at 8:09 PM
  • 229 Replies

http://michaelgraham.com/archives/lady-could-i-please-drink-my-milkshake-without-having-to-look-at-yours/

I'm not sure if it's clicky, but heard this on the radio today, and even called into the station about it...

I'm all about bfing, but I think this took it a little too far... People fought for womans rights, and this is abusing the privelege (to me) A little modesty goes a long way :)

Lady, Could I Please Drink My Milkshake Without Having To Look At Yours?

nursing NH mom

Look at how these moms are nursing, and guess which one is the jerk who started this mess...

OK, Leche Leaguers—tell me what this New Hampshire restaurant owner is supposed to do?

Organizers said local mother Jane Healy was eating dinner at the Tooky Mills Pub on Thursday and dealing with a fussy 10-month-old demanding to be fed. Healy said she started feeding the baby, exposing a breast in the restaurant dining room.

Tooky Mills Pub said other customers complained, and when wait staff approached Healy to ask her if she would cover up, she took offense and left the restaurant.

So of course a bunch of annoyed nursing moms hold a protest and stomp around outside Tooky Mills Pub expressing their outrage (when not, of course, expressing their milk).  Is it the restaurant’s fault that customers didn’t want to see this woman whippin’ it out while they’re trying to eat?  Does a breastfeeding mommy have the right to annoy/offend/put off their feed an entire room of total strangers?

All she had to do was show a little discretion. According to the press coverage, the other customers just wanted her to cover up. But noooooooo....in the era of eternal outrage and unending self-importance, she has to be able to pop her yobs out anytime she wants.

Otherwise, her rights as a mother have been trampled!!!

Then again, this is the same woman who said:

"It's a breast - it's not anything sexual," she said yesterday while standing with other mothers on the sidewalk outside Tooky Mills Pub.

Uh-huh.

Next time, lady, just throw a towel over it so the rest of us can enjoy our burgers without a side of “fun bags.” Thanks.

Photo credit to  Andrea Morales / Monitor staff

by on Aug. 9, 2012 at 8:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
justinnaimee
by Platinum Member on Aug. 9, 2012 at 8:12 PM
19 moms liked this
It is federal law that a nursing mother may nurse wherever she is otherwise allowed. And it is not mandated that she use a cover.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Due9
by on Aug. 9, 2012 at 8:14 PM
13 moms liked this

I think exposing the breast in public is not appropriate. They could've covered and breastfed.

ffpm10
by on Aug. 9, 2012 at 8:15 PM
4 moms liked this
This.
Cover up your nasty tits

Quoting Paperfishies:

I don't want to see nasty, stretched mark, saggy titties while I'm trying to eat...I would have asked to be moved to a different seat.

Oh and I don't give 2 shits about public BFing, when you're walking through a park or mall, you can move past the person and not see them again. Seated in a restaurant, you are kinda fucked, eapeciallu if the mo

Is in your line of vision. I just prefer not to look at an ugly females tits while I'm eating.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Paperfishies
by Platinum Member on Aug. 9, 2012 at 8:15 PM
10 moms liked this
I don't want to see nasty, stretched mark, saggy titties while I'm trying to eat...I would have asked to be moved to a different seat.

Oh and I don't give 2 shits about public BFing, when you're walking through a park or mall, you can move past the person and not see them again. Seated in a restaurant, you are kinda fucked, especially if the mom Is in your line of vision. It is always the most unattractive ladies with the most unattractive tits, whipping their boobies out for the world to see.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
.bombshell.
by Bronze Member on Aug. 9, 2012 at 8:17 PM
3 moms liked this
I'm all for breastfeeding I even plan on breastfeeding this bby, but I understand how some ppl are just not comfortable to see a random stranger whip her breast out.
I don't think it'd kill the mother to cover herself with a little blankie.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
beadingmom17
by Rachel on Aug. 9, 2012 at 8:18 PM
19 moms liked this
See, that last line is what's wrong with this culture! "Fun bags"...because they aren't good for anything other than sexual pleasure, right? Sickening. Guarentee you that some chick could walk in showing just as much (or more) boob in a low cut shirt and she would be smiled at and oggled.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Greenstone920
by Gold Member on Aug. 9, 2012 at 8:18 PM
1 mom liked this
It's not federal law. Each state has it's own laws regarding breastfeeding, and they vary greatly from state to state.

Quoting justinnaimee:

It is federal law that a nursing mother may nurse wherever she is otherwise allowed. And it is not mandated that she use a cover.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Livv066
by Silver Member on Aug. 9, 2012 at 8:18 PM
I agree. At least cover up like the woman on the right. If I wanna see boobies, I'll look at my own. :)

Quoting :

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kodysmommy928
by Jenjo-a-gogo on Aug. 9, 2012 at 8:19 PM
3 moms liked this

So you only have the right to feed your child in public if you have "perfect" breasts?  If you don't like it, you don't have to look. 

Quoting Paperfishies:

Oh and I don't give 2 shits about public BFing, when you're walking through a park or mall, you can move past the person and not see them again. Seated in a restaurant, you are kinda fucked, eapecially if the mom Is in your line of vision. the most unattractive ladies with the most unattractive tits, whipping their boobies out for the world to see.

mizhoward
by Silver Member on Aug. 9, 2012 at 8:19 PM
3 moms liked this
I am not against breast feeding, but at least cover up.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)