Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

I really wish I liked reading!

Posted by on Aug. 10, 2012 at 12:49 AM
  • 57 Replies
I would love to read a book, and not just one chapter of it, then completely forget about the book:/
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 10, 2012 at 12:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
shadow_lark
by Gold Member on Aug. 10, 2012 at 12:51 AM

You just havent found the right ones yet.  what have you tried reading?  What do you enjoy?

pasteeater
by on Aug. 10, 2012 at 12:51 AM
Why would you want to forget it?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Aug. 10, 2012 at 12:51 AM

Why dont you like reading?  What genres have you tried?  What kinds of things are you interested in?  I knew someone who would read medical texts for fun but hated fiction writing.

laceycolston
by on Aug. 10, 2012 at 12:52 AM
I don't know that is just the thing, is I try so many different books and I always end up forgetting about them

Quoting shadow_lark:

You just havent found the right ones yet.  what have you tried reading?  What do you enjoy?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
laceycolston
by on Aug. 10, 2012 at 12:53 AM
I don't want to forget it. It just happens

Quoting pasteeater:

Why would you want to forget it?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
me-n-mygirls
by Shontell on Aug. 10, 2012 at 12:53 AM
I agree.
I just cant get lost in the text my mind starts wondering and I can read the entire chapter and have NO idea what I just read.
I do however read kid books :) to support my young reader!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
shadow_lark
by Gold Member on Aug. 10, 2012 at 12:54 AM

Like all at one time?  try one at a time and set aside a certain time each day to read.  if it doesnt capture you within the first 50 pages or so, then move on to the next one.

Quoting laceycolston:

I don't know that is just the thing, is I try so many different books and I always end up forgetting about them

Quoting shadow_lark:

Are you young and married?         Join us in Young Married Mothers; a place to connect with other young moms, get advice or just hang around.  http://www.cafemom.com/group/116197

laceycolston
by on Aug. 10, 2012 at 12:54 AM
I have tried reading everything, maybe I will try again with the most popular books around today. Hubbu bought all the hunger games books so I will try those:)

Quoting frndlyfn:

Why dont you like reading?  What genres have you tried?  What kinds of things are you interested in?  I knew someone who would read medical texts for fun but hated fiction writing.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
norahsmommy
by Platinum Member on Aug. 10, 2012 at 12:54 AM
I promise there is a book out there you will love!! You just have to keep looking. Why not spend the day in a Library until you find a good one?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
laceycolston
by on Aug. 10, 2012 at 12:55 AM
1 mom liked this
I am the exact same way! Lol I read like 6 to 7 books to my dd a day but that is purely for her

Quoting me-n-mygirls:

I agree.

I just cant get lost in the text my mind starts wondering and I can read the entire chapter and have NO idea what I just read.

I do however read kid books :) to support my young reader!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)