Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

what to do about rude kids??? edit

Posted by on Aug. 10, 2012 at 1:51 PM
  • 77 Replies
1 mom liked this

I babysit 4 kids. 2 are brothers and 2 are brothers. they are 1 2 3 and 9.. the 9 yr old and 3 yr old ar brothers and are so rude.. they pass gas and laugh and say things like you smel that? it was a good on. and so on..  dont want my son r the othe 2 boys picking it up. how should I go about stopping that while in my home?

its not the farting that bothers me. just say excuse me and all done... but no they make it a big ordeal.. 3yr old says I farted big  that was a good one.. 9 yr old says Im better and makes himself fart and back and forth. Then 9yr old says i farted so good i almost pooped my pants... just a small example of their convos about it. it does not matter whats going on. if were outside playing or at the grocery store... at the park. AHHHHHHHHH

by on Aug. 10, 2012 at 1:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LiesLiesLies
by on Aug. 10, 2012 at 1:53 PM
3 moms liked this
You tell them to stop. Have consequences when they don't.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
christina0607
by on Aug. 10, 2012 at 1:54 PM
1 mom liked this

Use your authority as the adult in charge.

duejan13th
by ♥Jessica♥ on Aug. 10, 2012 at 2:02 PM

I have tried time out and not being allowed to play outside. losing toys and nothing has worked.. I have been trying with those punishments for about 5 weeks.. no change

Quoting LiesLiesLies:

LiesLiesLies
by on Aug. 10, 2012 at 2:03 PM
1 mom liked this
They are okay sitting in time out for the whole day? Because that's what I would do.

Separate and time out...for the whole day if I had to.

Quoting duejan13th:

I have tried time out and not being allowed to play outside. losing toys and nothing has worked.. I have been trying with those punishments for about 5 weeks.. no change

Quoting LiesLiesLies:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
alreadydidthis
by on Aug. 10, 2012 at 2:08 PM
My nieces (in law) burp like grown ass men i tell them that's un exceptable. They are 9&13. We sit at the table loke ladies we dont talk at all what so ever at the table. Talk at the table You get 1 warning next time your done eating. Talk to the kids parents about how you teach them to excuse their selves to the bathroom to pass gas. Some parents dont think of all the little details involved in raising kids.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Paperfishies
by on Aug. 10, 2012 at 2:10 PM
5 moms liked this

You don't allow anyone to speak at the table?  I bet living with you is tons of fun.

Quoting alreadydidthis:

My nieces (in law) burp like grown ass men i tell them that's un exceptable. They are 9&13. We sit at the table loke ladies we dont talk at all what so ever at the table. Talk at the table You get 1 warning next time your done eating. Talk to the kids parents about how you teach them to excuse their selves to the bathroom to pass gas. Some parents dont think of all the little details involved in raising kids.

super_mom_5
by on Aug. 10, 2012 at 2:14 PM

tell them that what they are doing is rude and we arent suppose to act like that. if they keep acting like that than i would put them in time out or give them a punishment for breaking the rules. reward them when they do good though.

Cherish77
by Cherish on Aug. 10, 2012 at 2:16 PM
I can understand not wanting to listen to belching, but what's wrong with talking?

Quoting alreadydidthis:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LiesLiesLies
by on Aug. 10, 2012 at 2:16 PM
1 mom liked this
I know right??

That's the whole reason I require that we eat at the table...so we can talk, joke, laugh.

Burping is not cool (unless you are a toddler and then it's funny) but laughing and talking is a requirement!

Quoting Paperfishies:

You don't allow anyone to speak at the table?  I bet living with you is tons of fun.

Quoting alreadydidthis:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
coolmommy2x
by Ruby Member on Aug. 10, 2012 at 2:18 PM
If negative reinforcement hasn't worked, try positive reinforcement. For example, if they behave properly for 2 days, the get a small treat. If they can behave properly for an entire a week, a bigger treat like making homemade ice cream (easy to do in plastic bags, I've done it many times with the kids' classes). Once they see the fun things they can do or special treats they can receice, it should encourage better listening.

Quoting duejan13th:

Quoting LiesLiesLies:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN