Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

If you live in an area with seasons.....when do you close your pool?

Posted by   + Show Post

I know it seems way too early to even consider this, but my husband and I were talking about it last night.

He thinks we should close it the first week end in September. He says no one keep s it open through fall.

I think thats crazy. I want it open as long as it's hot. I don;t care what the calender says and have no desire to close it based on a date.

So how do you decide when to close?

Make someone happy today, mind your own business.

by on Aug. 10, 2012 at 2:34 PM
Replies (51-56):
mom-2-4boys
by on Aug. 12, 2012 at 4:51 PM

No exact date it really depends on the weather temperatures and when the kids no longer swim because the water is cold

QueenBee107
by Bronze Member on Aug. 12, 2012 at 4:56 PM

I will probably close it up by mid Sept due to it not being really warm enough here at that point for swimming. 

momma-flynn
by ♥Gee Willickers♥ on Aug. 12, 2012 at 5:00 PM
We don't have seasons here. Public pools close in late September. My dad has a pool & never "closes" it. It has a heater, so we swim year round.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
D.O.E.
by on Aug. 12, 2012 at 5:15 PM

that pool is coming down as soon as school starts.

i can't wait to take it down. do you have any idea how many towls i go through every day?! gah! and kids i don't even know or gave birth to in and out of the yard, clomping into the house with their wet feet....

i can't wait for fall to settle in!

christina0607
by on Aug. 12, 2012 at 5:19 PM

We reuse towels for the pool. I'll use them for 2-3 days depending on how much we've used them.

I'm a big meanie...I don't let the neighborhood kids in for the most part. there are a select few who can.

Quoting D.O.E.:

that pool is coming down as soon as school starts.

i can't wait to take it down. do you have any idea how many towls i go through every day?! gah! and kids i don't even know or gave birth to in and out of the yard, clomping into the house with their wet feet....

i can't wait for fall to settle in!

Make someone happy today, mind your own business.

cjsix
by faith on Aug. 12, 2012 at 7:01 PM

I would still want to be able to get in as long as it stays warm out.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)