Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Need A Natural Remedy!!!

Posted by on Aug. 11, 2012 at 12:29 AM
  • 10 Replies

My neighbor had the outside of her house and yard treated for fleas--well ofcourse they migrated to our yard, dog, and now they are in the house.  I need a natural remedy to treat the house AND yard!  My older daughter and I are so bit up its ridiculous, I've been able to keep the little one from being bit so far I'm just afraid they will get really bad before we can get it under control.

by on Aug. 11, 2012 at 12:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momof4bzN2gz
by Julie on Aug. 11, 2012 at 12:58 AM
Salt gets the out of carpet....sprinkle it liberally,leave over night and vacuum the next day.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
babygirlsmom314
by Corinne on Aug. 11, 2012 at 12:59 AM

BUMP!

Kellileanne
by Platinum Member on Aug. 11, 2012 at 4:02 AM

BUMP!

DarlaHood
by on Aug. 11, 2012 at 4:25 AM
1 mom liked this

I put frontline on my dogs, and it kills the fleas at all stages. There are no natural remedies that will rid you of a flea infestation.  You have to use serious stuff if you really want them gone.

boysmom5
by on Aug. 11, 2012 at 4:44 AM
2 moms liked this
Food grade diatomaceous earth. Safe for the yard, kids and the dog. You can put it right on the dog. Great stuff. You can find it online or at natural food stores.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
krissy920
by Silver Member on Aug. 11, 2012 at 4:49 AM
1 mom liked this

we also put water into  cups and put lemon dish soap into the water.. the fleas would jump into it and  die. of course this was 25 years ago in my grandmothers tiny  1 bedroom house, but it worked for us :)

..MoonShine..
by on Aug. 11, 2012 at 4:50 AM
Lavender essential oil and/or eucalyptus essential oil. Mix a few drops with some water in a spray bottle and spray your couches, bedding, pet beds/toys, etc.

Slice a lemon and boil it (with the rind) with some eucalyptus leaves or oil. Feed your dogs garlic with their food (a few cloves a day).

Lots of options. :D
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
pinkcookie019
by on Aug. 11, 2012 at 4:52 AM

I've done this, it worked! I left it out overnight and OMG it was so gross the next morning, there were quite a few of them floating in there. I was cat sitting for a friend who didn't feel the need to tell me her precious was infested with them. Ugh. I was in a three bedroom town home. It took a few days but between this, washing all our stuff several times, vacuuming a lot, and giving the cat a flea bath they were finally gone.

Quoting krissy920:

we also put water into  cups and put lemon dish soap into the water.. the fleas would jump into it and  die. of course this was 25 years ago in my grandmothers tiny  1 bedroom house, but it worked for us :)

DSC_0460asdf

wickedfiress
by SmthngWkdThsWayComes on Aug. 11, 2012 at 6:36 AM
DO NOT FEED YOUR DOG GARLIC!!!!!

Garlic is toxic to dogs and cats.

Quoting ..MoonShine..:

Lavender essential oil and/or eucalyptus essential oil. Mix a few drops with some water in a spray bottle and spray your couches, bedding, pet beds/toys, etc.

Slice a lemon and boil it (with the rind) with some eucalyptus leaves or oil. Feed your dogs garlic with their food (a few cloves a day).

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
..MoonShine..
by on Aug. 11, 2012 at 3:40 PM
I had no idea...I know someone who does this and they don't have s problem...I've never done it myself. Thanks. I'll pass on the info.

Quoting wickedfiress:

DO NOT FEED YOUR DOG GARLIC!!!!!

Garlic is toxic to dogs and cats.

Quoting ..MoonShine..:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)