Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

headache remedies?

Posted by on Aug. 11, 2012 at 7:41 AM
  • 35 Replies
Does anyone have any good headache remedies? I've been getting a lot of bad headaches lately. Most are right behind either one or both of my eyes. I woke up with one this morning, and nothing is helping it. I'm planning on asking my doctor as soon as I can get in and see him. I know my birth mother's family has a history of headaches, but I don't know much else.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 11, 2012 at 7:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momma2b2008
by on Aug. 11, 2012 at 7:43 AM
I will take some Advil with a big glass of water and take a nap in a very dark room. That usually helps me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TaralynnStewart
by Silver Member on Aug. 11, 2012 at 7:46 AM
I suffer from migraines and actually have an RX to treat them, but BC powder is the only OTC that helps me
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
asmalltowngirl
by Bronze Member on Aug. 11, 2012 at 7:47 AM
I take a tylonel, an ibuprofen and drink mt dew. I get migraines, but can't take my meds because I'm nursing. That remedy works just as good
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ack86
by on Aug. 11, 2012 at 7:51 AM
Some extra sleep would probably help, but I won't be able to sleep again until tonight. My 4 and 5 year olds will not take naps. I did try an excedrin, but it hasn't done anything.

Quoting momma2b2008:

I will take some Advil with a big glass of water and take a nap in a very dark room. That usually helps me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ack86
by on Aug. 11, 2012 at 7:52 AM
What is BC powder?

Quoting TaralynnStewart:

I suffer from migraines and actually have an RX to treat them, but BC powder is the only OTC that helps me
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wildlilacs
by on Aug. 11, 2012 at 7:53 AM
Any kind of pain reliever with caffine works. I like BC Powder, taste terrible, but works fast. I put it under my tongue then swallow w water.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ack86
by on Aug. 11, 2012 at 7:54 AM
I'll have to try that. I have to get a few thing anyway, but I've had a hard time finding tylenol lately. The stores hardly ever have any.

Quoting asmalltowngirl:

I take a tylonel, an ibuprofen and drink mt dew. I get migraines, but can't take my meds because I'm nursing. That remedy works just as good
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TaralynnStewart
by Silver Member on Aug. 11, 2012 at 7:55 AM
It's with the tylenols and all of those, but it's a powder you put in your mouth and drink a lot of water. So instead of waiting on a capsule to dissolve into a powder its already there.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ack86
by on Aug. 11, 2012 at 7:56 AM
I'll have to look for it when I go to the store.

Quoting TaralynnStewart:

It's with the tylenols and all of those, but it's a powder you put in your mouth and drink a lot of water. So instead of waiting on a capsule to dissolve into a powder its already there.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bmw29
by Buttcrackncornchips on Aug. 11, 2012 at 7:57 AM
Is it possible that you need glasses?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN