Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

How would you react to this situation? *updated with story* *PIC*

Posted by on Aug. 11, 2012 at 11:19 AM
  • 32 Replies

If one of your family members gave your 7month old/5 month adjusted who just had surgery on tuesday an empty pack of cigs to play with. (she didn't have a shirt on yet).

I don't want to tell the story just yet cause I want true advice. I will edit with the story in about an hour.

Updated:

Sorry its been a while. My phone did give me the edit botton.

Story...

My dd2 had surgery last tuedays. She got discharged on Thursday. DD1 had the sneak peak on Friday. I asked my grandma(64) to watch her for all of 30 mins. Smoking is only outside. So DD2 was outside alone and chewing on the cig pack. She was shritless. I was told to take the banage off that day so I did but I didn't want anything to rub it. So i left her clothes of. I cussed her out. I freaked out. Started her bath water. And wiped her down with a wipe frist. She had tacboco pieces on her.  And bathe her. I was so pissed I didn't talk to my gma for like 2 days. She lives with me. DD2 had surgery to install her pacemaker.

Her is a pic.

by on Aug. 11, 2012 at 11:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
dlnimo
by on Aug. 11, 2012 at 11:22 AM
Gross! I would be pissed.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kansasmom1978
by on Aug. 11, 2012 at 11:22 AM

I would raise hell

Due9
by on Aug. 11, 2012 at 11:23 AM

I would not be too happy

evelynolivesmom
by on Aug. 11, 2012 at 11:24 AM

No way, the cellophane comes off too easy

melissa632
by on Aug. 11, 2012 at 11:28 AM
Well, you can remove the cellophane. However, I don't think an empty pack of cigarettes is something for a baby to play with. There's loose tobacco pieces & babies put everything in their mouths. They could choke on a piece of the cardboard box.

Quoting evelynolivesmom:

No way, the cellophane comes off too easy

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Pnukey
by Jennifer on Aug. 11, 2012 at 11:29 AM

It would not end well for the family member that did that.

Blue231
by on Aug. 11, 2012 at 11:30 AM
1 mom liked this
That is so rude! I'd be so angry, I would want to pick up my baby and leave. However, if it was a first time thing, I would explain to the relative my feelings on the matter. If they seemed to respect and care about my opinion, I would ask them to never do it again and stay. I would worry particles from the cigs package would get in my baby's mouth, but even if they didn't it would just be the principal of the issue. I would feel that as my child got old enough to understand what they were this person might continue to be casual about having cigs around my child.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Momtogirls0823
by Gold Member on Aug. 11, 2012 at 11:45 AM

Quoting Pnukey:

It would not end well for the family member that did that.

I am a busy working mom to two very active girls.  I love my kids, play on the floor in the fort with them, take them to the park, and love them always!  I can't imagine life without them!

school bus       school bus

CBMMOM
by Silver Member on Aug. 11, 2012 at 11:48 AM

I'd take it from baby and tell woman to not give her stuff like that anymore.

bhow
by Bronze Member on Aug. 11, 2012 at 11:48 AM

I would be quite ticked off and take the pack away from child and hand it back to her with a few reasons why!!  How ignorant!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)