Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Obama or Romney?

Posted by on Aug. 12, 2012 at 5:37 AM
  • 600 Replies
20 moms liked this

Poll

Question: Romney or Obama?

Options:

Romney

Obama

Other

I'm moving to Canada Either Way ;-)

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 1016

View Results

Yes, Yes, I know its early for these posts but after all the stuff I keep hearing about Romney I can't bear not to ask. Keep it anon if you wish and just vote/bump.

Someone, for the love of god, please correct me/point me toward something good about Romney. I have not heard one good thing:

~He lied about being head of Bain capital. He said he "retroactively" retired in 1999 versus the Bain record that shows him as CEO until 2002. Bain did bad things I guess, fired a ton of people, outsourced, etc.

~He is mormon. Ok, let me clarify why this is relevant to me. When Smith (A catholic) ran for the presidency in '20, everyone fliped their wig because they were afraid that he would answer to the Pope before he would answer to the American People. That's part of why Kennedy's presidency was so unusual because people were afraid of the same thing. He vowed that he would keep his religious beliefs separate from his execution of his oath of office. Which he did until his assassination. Now Romney has (I read it in an article from CNN some ways back) said that he will follow the mandates of his faith even in the simultaneous execution of his oath of office. If I am not mistaken, the LDS church disallows a WHOLE ton of stuff like caffiene, masturbation, etc. Things that are very personal choices and that harm no one. This, above all, scares me because he has tremendous power to make policy and with a Republican congress at his beck and call, they are going to ratify everything he sends through. Birth control, gay rights, etc. (Someone who is LDS please respond to this and help clarify what the core "values" of LDS are.)

~He selected a running mate that unapologetically said that gays should be put to death....now whether or not your are for gay marriage, rights, etc, this can't be ok. He quoted Leviticus on his Twitter and when he felt the back lash he said he meant just that. :-/

~He is soliciting campaign funds from bankers involved in the LIBOR scandal while in England, and Israel.

~He said Israel is thriving economically because they are predominantly Jewish.

~He INSULTED england saying they are a small country that makes stuff no one wants to buy...seriously.

Good god, I'm sure there is more but this alone scares the crap out of me.

I've asked myself more than once, "Is he serious or just trolling us all?"

No secret I am voting for Obama, hoping that the Republican Congress stops their stonewalling as economists have repeatedly said this will crash our economy and throw us into a depression worse than the 1920's.

And please, don't quote Fox news....they don't count.

by on Aug. 12, 2012 at 5:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
white_wolf454
by Bronze Member on Aug. 12, 2012 at 5:42 AM
12 moms liked this

Romney just scares the crap out of me i look at him he may not look like a snake but that is what i think when i see him . 

amc103
by on Aug. 12, 2012 at 5:55 AM
42 moms liked this

Ron Paul! :-)

icantshowmyface
by Bronze Member on Aug. 12, 2012 at 5:58 AM
30 moms liked this
Omfg 50% Obama that's scary.,,
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Firsttimemom296
by on Aug. 12, 2012 at 6:05 AM
37 moms liked this
Obama can shove his obama care up his ass I wish we could for once get a president that does what they say they are going to do not lie like they all do.... I want to move to canada...... Ok forget canada I will move to a deserted island and start my own county anyone want to join..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MissTacoBell
by Taco Bell Princess on Aug. 12, 2012 at 6:10 AM
6 moms liked this

The only thing about Obamacare that I dont get at all is why? Its a good idea, kwim, everyone gets a chance to get healthy, but thats only a problem because health insurance agencies deny people who aren't 110% healthy or charge them EXTORTIONATE rates for coverage. Why don't they just regulate them so they can't do that or add provisions onto medicare as it already exists to include adults in poverty?

Seems simple to me anyway.

Quoting Firsttimemom296:

Obama can shove his obama care up his ass I wish we could for once get a president that does what they say they are going to do not lie like they all do.... I want to move to canada

nynaeve24
by on Aug. 12, 2012 at 6:16 AM
38 moms liked this
Romney scares me, and I too think that if Congress were to back Obama and stop fighting him, he could make good on more of his promises. I think we have made a lot of progress as a country, and as women; Romney gives me the bad feeling that he would reverse a lot of that progress.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sweet_Faith
by Ruby Member on Aug. 12, 2012 at 8:04 AM
29 moms liked this

I would never vote for Obama and will be voting for Romney

greenie63
by Nancy on Aug. 12, 2012 at 8:11 AM
1 mom liked this

I'm with you on this! 

A.B.C.brown07
by on Aug. 12, 2012 at 8:17 AM
48 moms liked this
Obama is winning all national polls :)but then again sometimes I feel like cafemom is another planet that consists of some other type of rare species..... so yea, wont be surprised if this poll says the opposite .....

I will never understand how ANYONE especially women can vote for Romney. I am usually not into political debates and dont really care how people vote, however it doesnt take a high school graduate to see Romney is an idiot. Being against Obama is fine, but using that as an excuse to vote this asshole in is pathetic im sorry. Revenge on Obama isnt voting someone in to strip us women of every right we have..

Every women should read rhe below articles about Romney stating how he plans on "appealing womens rights". He doesnt believe in equal pay for men and women (ridiculous in 2012 men still feel this way but states his strong mormon background is the basis of that), he doesn't believe in Birth control for women (again based on his religion). Thia man is a sexist pig. Oh and for all of you the complain about OBAMA taking more tax on the wealtht...Romneys plan is to abolish that and instead take more tax from the middle class. Yea..cuz that seems to make more sense? Make those that arent wealthy pay more...

Herea the womens link:
http://m.rollingstone.com/entry/view/id/26376/pn/1/p/0/?KSID=92ffbb35d089ed7f578582fbe063ee99
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TheMrs407
by on Aug. 12, 2012 at 8:18 AM
3 moms liked this

Quoting amc103:

Ron Paul! :-)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)