Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club
I want all you ladies who keep posting that he said that he wanted all gays to die, to post a link to this information. I've searched Google and its not there so please enlighten me. And if none of you can produce a link that is credible please stop spouting off lies because there are women on here who never do their own research and believe all the bullshit lies spouted here. Thank you.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 12, 2012 at 5:39 PM
Replies (31-40):
ladyraven16
by Platinum Member on Aug. 12, 2012 at 6:43 PM
1 mom liked this
So true.

Quoting heyma4:

I haven't heard that, this is the first I am hearing it. Though I do know there are a lot of people who will believe anything they hear over facts. That goes for just about any topic.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
greenie63
by Nancy on Aug. 12, 2012 at 6:44 PM
1 mom liked this

His fault? So are you saying it's ok to disrespect a senior citizen who is fearful of losing his income and medicare? Is it ok to crack a joke about him taking BP meds, which without medicade the guy wouldn't have BP meds if you think that deeply into it. 

The man was enfocing the first amendment, and Ryan being a politician should be able to recognize that.

This isn't a laughing matter. 

Quoting ladyraven16:

How was that his fault lol.

Quoting greenie63:

Not only gays, but total disregard for a senior citizen from this shocking video. Watching Paul Ryan in this video is truly disturbing. Ryan is talking at a town hall meeting about ending what he calls “entitlements” like Social Security and Medicare. A senior citizen there who speaks out about how he worked for 50 years and deserves Social Security and Medicare is knocked to the floor, handcuffed and arrested; then Ryan makes a joke about it. His callousness toward this 71-year old man and his disregard of freedom of speech is horrifying. People want this man as our Vice President? 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=GBhdXfCdaA8

Kmary
by Silver Member on Aug. 12, 2012 at 6:46 PM

I agree with you.  That's why him voting in favor of a federal ban on gay marriage is so particularly despicable to me.  Not only is it discriminatory, but I mostly think it should be a state by state issue as well.  A true conservative would feel the same way.  Apparently he is not one.

Quoting ladyraven16:

Well I don't vote solely on that. I honestly feel like marriage/abortion/school funding and welfare programs should be run/voted upon at a state rather than federal level.

Quoting Kmary:

I don't know anything about that specific tweet or allegation, but he voted in favor of the Defense of Marriage Act twice (very anti-gay legislation), voted against a hate crime law, and voted in favor of an amendment to the Constitution that would ban gay marriage on a federal level.  He may not have said that he wants them to die (I also doubt this myself) but his record on gay rights is disgusting.

ladyraven16
by Platinum Member on Aug. 12, 2012 at 6:47 PM
The police arrested him for being loud and rude. Ryan made a joke. If you notice most of the other people in that room were old men and they laughed. He was lightening the mood and I really don't think its that big of a deal.

Quoting greenie63:

His fault? So are you saying it's ok to disrespect a senior citizen who is fearful of losing his income and medicare? Is it ok to crack a joke about him taking BP meds, which without medicade the guy wouldn't have BP meds if you think that deeply into it. 

The man was enfocing the first amendment, and Ryan being a politician should be able to recognize that.

Quoting ladyraven16:

Quoting greenie63:

Not only gays, but total disregard for a senior citizen from this shocking video. Watching Paul Ryan in this video is truly disturbing. Ryan is talking at a town hall meeting about ending what he calls “entitlements” like Social Security and Medicare. A senior citizen there who speaks out about how he worked for 50 years and deserves Social Security and Medicare is knocked to the floor, handcuffed and arrested; then Ryan makes a joke about it. His callousness toward this 71-year old man and his disregard of freedom of speech is horrifying. People want this man as our Vice President? 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ladyraven16
by Platinum Member on Aug. 12, 2012 at 6:48 PM
He is more fiscal conservative and middle of the road social issue wise from what I've seen.

Quoting Kmary:

I agree with you.  That's why him voting in favor of a federal ban on gay marriage is so particularly despicable to me.  Not only is it discriminatory, but I mostly think it should be a state by state issue as well.  A true conservative would feel the same way.  Apparently he is not one.

Quoting ladyraven16:

Well I don't vote solely on that. I honestly feel like marriage/abortion/school funding and welfare programs should be run/voted upon at a state rather than federal level.

Quoting Kmary:

I don't know anything about that specific tweet or allegation, but he voted in favor of the Defense of Marriage Act twice (very anti-gay legislation), voted against a hate crime law, and voted in favor of an amendment to the Constitution that would ban gay marriage on a federal level.  He may not have said that he wants them to die (I also doubt this myself) but his record on gay rights is disgusting.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kmary
by Silver Member on Aug. 12, 2012 at 6:49 PM

I'm with you on the fiscal part.  I think socially he is as radical as they come and because of it, quite dangerous. 

Quoting ladyraven16:

He is more fiscal conservative and middle of the road social issue wise from what I've seen.

Quoting Kmary:

Quoting ladyraven16:

Quoting Kmary:

greenie63
by Nancy on Aug. 12, 2012 at 6:50 PM

Let us know how you feel about that when you become a senior citizen. The other men in the room were fellow politicians, so of course they'll laugh. Still wrong. 

Quoting ladyraven16:

The police arrested him for being loud and rude. Ryan made a joke. If you notice most of the other people in that room were old men and they laughed. He was lightening the mood and I really don't think its that big of a deal.

Quoting greenie63:

Quoting ladyraven16:

Quoting greenie63:

ladyraven16
by Platinum Member on Aug. 12, 2012 at 6:51 PM
Hmm well I'll have to look into it more, although at this point I'm more worried about the economy than social issues and I feel Romney/Ryan will be better for the economy.

Quoting Kmary:

I'm with you on the fiscal part.  I think socially he is as radical as they come and because of it, quite dangerous. 

Quoting ladyraven16:

Quoting Kmary:

Quoting ladyraven16:

Quoting Kmary:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Aydans_Mommy
by Ruby Member on Aug. 12, 2012 at 6:51 PM
2 moms liked this
Eh. He's still a fucking douche
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ladyraven16
by Platinum Member on Aug. 12, 2012 at 6:52 PM
How do you know that? Why would only 1 guy be a regular person and the whole rest of the room politicians?

My parents and grandparents are senior citizens and they feel Ryan was an excellent choice.

Quoting greenie63:

Let us know how you feel about that when you become a senior citizen. The other men in the room were fellow politicians, so of course they'll laugh. Still wrong. 

Quoting ladyraven16:

Quoting greenie63:

Quoting ladyraven16:

Quoting greenie63:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)