Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Anyone who has dealt with appendicitis or is a nurse I have a question UPDATE!!!!!

Posted by on Aug. 19, 2012 at 8:31 PM
  • 26 Replies

The only reason I am asking here is because I have no insurance. I know you cannot diagnose me, I am just looking for those who have dealt with this situation or work in the field. 

After my shower about an hour ago I started having pain in my right abdomen. It ranges from the right side of my belly button all the way down to my hip. It hurts more when I move, get up and walk or push on it. I feel a bit nauseous, but that could be in my head from the pain. No fever, but I do feel like I have a cold/flu coming on and have all day. 

Would you go to the ER to rule out appendix issues or wait it out?

UPDATE!!!

I went to the ER, was admitted ran tons of tests and finally went into exploratory surgery Wednesday evening. My right ovary had a blood filled cyst on it twisting it up into me. They removed the ovary. I am now at home recovering. Thank you everyone. 

by on Aug. 19, 2012 at 8:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Chrissy0918
by on Aug. 19, 2012 at 8:33 PM
Could it just be an ovarian cyst? I get them quite often, and it sounds about how I feel when I get them. If you do think it could be your appendix definately go in because if it bursts it could be dangerous! Good luck.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
2and2onway
by Platinum Member on Aug. 19, 2012 at 8:35 PM

Quoting Chrissy0918:

Could it just be an ovarian cyst? I get them quite often, and it sounds about how I feel when I get them. If you do think it could be your appendix definately go in because if it bursts it could be dangerous! Good luck.

I have dealt with ovarian cysts during pregnancy only, this feels different, but I am also not pregnant. I don't want to be a sissy and its something stupid though.

2and2onway
by Platinum Member on Aug. 19, 2012 at 8:39 PM

BUMP!

KMAsMommy9182
by on Aug. 19, 2012 at 8:41 PM

I had an appendicitis with no symptoms, so I don't know how much help I am.  I basically went from feeling completely fine to running 105 degree fever during the span of a phone call.  I didn't have any pain until they started poking me either.  Appendicitis is not something to mess with, but I don't think I have ever heard of one that didn't come with a fever.  Good luck and I hope you feel better. 

a06z08mama
by Silver Member on Aug. 19, 2012 at 8:45 PM
The pain would be more on your left if it is your appendix. Sounds like the pain I am having when my ovarian cysts flare up. I have them in my right ovary. ***and I am not pregnant **
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Peaceful.chaos
by Bronze Member on Aug. 19, 2012 at 8:48 PM
Sounds like it may be. If the pain continues you need to go in.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Seans_mommy123
by Silver Member on Aug. 19, 2012 at 8:50 PM

The appendix is on the right side so if it were the appendix would be on the right side. 

OP if you truly think it's your appendix got to the ER or Urgent care. 

Quoting a06z08mama:

The pain would be more on your left if it is your appendix. Sounds like the pain I am having when my ovarian cysts flare up. I have them in my right ovary. ***and I am not pregnant **

unspecified42
by on Aug. 19, 2012 at 8:55 PM

Jump on your right foot or have someone slap that foot while you are on your back. Does it make you scream? Does it hurt worse when you release pressure over the area than when you are applying pressure? Those are pretty classic signs of appendicitis, though a negative doesn't necessarily rule it out.

DACIA79
by Silver Member on Aug. 19, 2012 at 9:00 PM
The appendix is on your right side. My kids cousin spent the summer with us he complained on a little belly ache as the day went on he had his bowels became loose it wasn't until maybe 6 hours later before his
right side was hurting. A inflamed appendix is a emergency you don't
always have a fever . If you are in that kind of pain go to the ER. I have had a ovarian cysts I was in extreme pain and required immediate surgery
Hope you make you decision soon.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kimsamomof3
by Silver Member on Aug. 19, 2012 at 9:03 PM
Bad gas? I had had really painful gas in that location. Ovulation? I also have pain in my lower right side at that time.
I would give it a little while.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)