Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

So a friend on my facebook just updated her status saying that she went to the doctor today and her baby is so tiny it doesn't even have a heart beat yet. They told her she is between 2-4 weeks pregnant? How is that even possible? I thought that you cant even have a positive pregnancy test until your 4 weeks pregnant? I wasn't even a week late on my period when they did my unlta-sound and they told me I was between 4-6 weeks pregnant and my baby definitely had a heart beat. I don't get this information she is giving. 

UPDATE- OMG that is crazy! I didnt know you could find out you were pregnant that far before your missed period. I guess I learn something new everyday lol. I know they consider you 4 weeks pregnant at the time of your missed period. I figured the egg wouldnt even be implanted at week 2. 

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

by on Aug. 20, 2012 at 6:12 PM
Replies (21-28):
Hisservent
by on Aug. 20, 2012 at 7:02 PM

I found out with my last 2 pregnancies at 3w1d. And just like other posters are saying, you're 2 weeks when you ovulate/conceive so, you're about 4 weeks by the time you get a positive test. It all depends on when the egg was fertilized. But as far as an u/s, you won't see anything til at least 4 weeks. With my son, I was 5w6d and all you could see was the tiniest bubble. With my daughter, I was 6w1d and you could see a bubble with something attached to it and a hb. With this baby, I was 5w5d and you could see a bubble with something attached to it AND a hb, which the drs were very surprised about. 

But to have an u/s detect 2 weeks pregnant, you wouldn't see anything yet, so she may be actually talking about 4 weeks....from conception, not lmp like the drs do.

Christian wife and mother  

in lovetoddler boy toddler girlexpecting boy

TJ and Amy   Aaron Thomas     Olivia Grace    Stephen Edward

ColtsFan1912
by on Aug. 20, 2012 at 7:13 PM

my ex SIl said that

BUT then again she said she was living in CA when my brother saw her at a concert in INdiana & well a million other lies. so i doubt she was. She deleted me off fb after that. I miss her crazy crap *sigh* hehe

tennisgal
by on Aug. 20, 2012 at 9:57 PM
I knew at 3 weeks. My periods arent reliable but i took a test anyway. I went to the dr, nothing there, went back one week later and there was a sac measuring 4 weeks.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
_AshlynNicole
by on Aug. 20, 2012 at 9:58 PM
1 mom liked this
Blood test tell MUCH sooner than urine test.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
-tiffany_xoxo-
by on Aug. 20, 2012 at 10:00 PM
My OB told me home he tests don't pick up till your 3 weeks
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Megankae
by on Aug. 22, 2012 at 5:53 AM
I found out at 3 weeks. I got my first ultra sound at 7 weeks and I had still never technically missed a period.

I have 45 day cycles. Haha
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
.bombshell.
by Bronze Member on Aug. 22, 2012 at 5:55 AM
Prolly meant 2weeks since conception.
But that'd be 4 wks.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MunchiesMom324
by Silver Member on Aug. 22, 2012 at 6:21 AM

With one of my lost pregnancies, I found out at 11 days.  We weren't doing it like rabbits so I was able to pin-point the date we dtd.  I honestly didn't think one could find out so early, needless to say I was pretty shocked.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)