Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club
so my 3 year old quit taking naps all together some time ago. my.5 yr old quit naps at about age 3 he is adhd now. does a 3 yr old NEED a nap?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 21, 2012 at 11:16 AM
Replies (11-17):
nikki32230
by on Aug. 21, 2012 at 11:39 AM
Sometimes if he gets really owly...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sam12796
by Sandy on Aug. 21, 2012 at 11:39 AM

My 3 year old is offered nap time. She is in daycare so they have quiet or nap time from 12-2. I would say four out of five times she takes the nap. If not she is one cranky Emma monster by the time 7pm rolls around.

mommasbabies77
by on Aug. 21, 2012 at 11:40 AM
No..... wait I don't have a 3 year old.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
marchantmom06
by on Aug. 21, 2012 at 11:42 AM
1 mom liked this
Dear lord yes. I'd go crazy without him taking one. He's 4.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
eema.gray
by on Aug. 21, 2012 at 11:44 AM

My almost 3 does.  Heck, my almost 5 year old does.  But he has a neurological condition that his little brain is struggling to overcome and most days, he really needs the downtime for things to grow and develop.  I actually think my almost 3 year old will stop taking naps here soon before her brother does.

"I am only one, but I am still one; I cannot do everything, but still I can do something; and because I cannot do everything I will not refuse to do the something that I can do." ~~ Edward Everett Hale 1822-1909
supermom0609
by on Aug. 21, 2012 at 2:39 PM
i think.i might keep him not taking naps. personally i enjoy him going to bed earlier with no nap then a nap and him up later lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jessyka013
by on Aug. 21, 2012 at 2:49 PM

I think its more of a "TO EACH HIS OWN" type of thing. If he's really whiny around the time he usually takes a nap or bedtime I would say yes. Only because I would feel bad when days my daughter skips her nap and she is just so upset because she's tired. And I'm a scheduled freak. My daughter is on a timed nap, her breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks are on schedule. But if he's doing good I wouldn't see why you have to keep giving him one. Good Luck :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)