Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

What to do when your HR dept is corrupt?

Posted by on Aug. 21, 2012 at 3:06 PM
  • 14 Replies

So hubby works for this company with an extremely corrupt HR department! Whenever there is a contest for something, they ALWAYS win, someone from that department (usually the same person) is ALWAYS employee of the month, there are a limited amount of upfront parking spots that are supposedly for sale yet EVERYONE in HR parks in those spots but makes a big stink if one of them is sick and some other employee takes advantage of the vacant spot. The HR VP makes up social security numbers when they hire consultants because they are always illegals from india and to top all of that off, they dont give a crap about the employees! you cant go to them with a problem because it will just get around the company and ultimately you will get fired. They tried to have hubby fire one of his employees because one of the HR girls didnt like him. Hubby told the VP to shove it up her "you know what" because he was a good employee and DH wasnt going to fire someone because of their feelings. Just now he called me because one of the guys that DH sits near to got called into HR because they found his resume on monster.com. They asked if he was unhappy and he said "no" but, that he was just putting his feelers out to see if something better paying came along. HR told him that his supervisor would be speaking to him about this because he is not allowed to put his resume out anywhere else. 

Aint that some BS?! Correct me if im wrong but thats also illegal to tell him that isnt it? 

So what can you do when everyone in HR sucks up to the VP and she is at the top of the corruption chain?

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers
by on Aug. 21, 2012 at 3:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
nancym3
by on Aug. 21, 2012 at 3:10 PM
You get an attorney.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Cherish77
by Cherish on Aug. 21, 2012 at 3:11 PM
Idk, it shouldn't be their business if he put a resume out.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jenniy
by Gold Member on Aug. 21, 2012 at 3:11 PM
1 mom liked this
Anonymous tip to head of the company?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lilbit53009
by on Aug. 21, 2012 at 3:12 PM

that's pretty much how all coporations work....sadly

BeAmour
by on Aug. 21, 2012 at 3:13 PM
find another job
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kansasmom1978
by on Aug. 21, 2012 at 3:13 PM

Okay first off I would call immigration about he made up ssn and illegal aliens. Second, I would call corportate about the other bullshit. 

keriley1
by Member on Aug. 21, 2012 at 3:14 PM

I think your only choice is an attorney at this point.

risa_alvarez
by on Aug. 21, 2012 at 3:14 PM

Have you file a complaint to the whistle blower hotline. http://www.whistleblowers.gov/

wiener
by Platinum Member on Aug. 21, 2012 at 3:21 PM
Wow, called corporate and get a attorny, and like somebody else said go to whistleblowers.gov
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LNLMommy
by Bronze Member on Aug. 21, 2012 at 3:23 PM

here is what I was thinking. There has to be an owner, CEO or something that is responsible for the HR dept. Although I can see being annoyed over the employee of the month thing or the parking space-but I wouldn't make that point to the head of the company. I would also make sure to read the rules and regs because it could be written somewhere about posting the resume, especially if the resume contains the company name. Weird I know but I work in HR and you wouldn't believe some of the things I see

Quoting Jenniy:

Anonymous tip to head of the company?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)