Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Do Not be Afraid * A Christian post*

Posted by on Aug. 22, 2012 at 7:34 AM
  • 51 Replies
11 moms liked this

Visit us at True Friends Cafe

do justice, to love kindness,And to walk humbly with your God?-Micah 6-8

by on Aug. 22, 2012 at 7:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Beautiful31mom
by on Aug. 22, 2012 at 8:42 AM

bump

gracekyle2
by on Aug. 22, 2012 at 8:43 AM
Bump :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Clairwil
by Silver Member on Aug. 22, 2012 at 9:02 AM
2 moms liked this

So if your child has cancer, the reason you shouldn't be afraid is...

a) God won't let your child die

or

b) God wants your child to die, so you should be glad about it

Fear isn't pleasant, but it exists for a reason - it motivates us to expend effort to avoid the future situation we're afraid might come to pass.  There's not always something you can do, and fear isn't always useful, but sometimes it is.  If it were not, evolution would have ditched it a long time ago.

angelbabies11
by on Aug. 22, 2012 at 9:04 AM
I sent this to a friend last night via text. She's going through a hard time and thought this verse fits very well with her situation. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Beauty91805
by Silver Member on Aug. 22, 2012 at 9:06 AM
Amen!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Beautiful31mom
by on Aug. 22, 2012 at 9:08 AM

Quoting angelbabies11:

I sent this to a friend last night via text. She's going through a hard time and thought this verse fit very well with her situation. :)

It fits very well in my situation as well, My husband is giving his kidney to his dad and I will admit I am kinda afraid of what might happen, I pray and put it into God's hands, that is all I can do. 

angelbabies11
by on Aug. 22, 2012 at 9:14 AM
Yes, it is all you can do. I too will be praying. Your DH is awesome for doing that btw!!!

Quoting Beautiful31mom:

Quoting angelbabies11:

I sent this to a friend last night via text. She's going through a hard time and thought this verse fit very well with her situation. :)

It fits very well in my situation as well, My husband is giving his kidney to his dad and I will admit I am kinda afraid of what might happen, I pray and put it into God's hands, that is all I can do. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SexyTractorgal
by on Aug. 22, 2012 at 9:15 AM
That is the best thing I have read this morning! That's so amazing of your husband to do, I would be sooo proud yet I see where you are coming from. Praying for ya! Everything will be fine! :)

Quoting Beautiful31mom:

Quoting angelbabies11:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Beautiful31mom
by on Aug. 22, 2012 at 9:20 AM

Quoting angelbabies11:

Yes, it is all you can do. I too will be praying. Your DH is awesome for doing that btw!!!

Quoting Beautiful31mom:

Quoting angelbabies11:

thank you. 

Beautiful31mom
by on Aug. 22, 2012 at 9:21 AM

Quoting SexyTractorgal:

That is the best thing I have read this morning! That's so amazing of your husband to do, I would be sooo proud yet I see where you are coming from. Praying for ya! Everything will be fine! :)

I know everything will be fine, but still there is that fear, human nature I guess. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)