Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Would you let your child wear someone else's underwear?

Posted by on Aug. 22, 2012 at 6:03 PM
  • 73 Replies
Apparently I'm weird for not being ok with it. My dd went to her grandpa's & before dropping her off I asked "do ya'll have clothes for her?" They said "yes" so....I assumed they had clothes for her specifically. Nope, they sent her home in her step cousin's clothes, underwear & all, I don't care about the pants & shirt, but her UNDERWEAR....that just grosses me out.

Would you be ok with your child wearing another child's underwear?

ETA: I don't know the mom or child like that. The grandpa just married this woman & her dd & her child just moved down here. Its not like they've been family forever
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 22, 2012 at 6:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
christina0607
by on Aug. 22, 2012 at 6:06 PM
2 moms liked this

Eh..I would assume they wash them. I wouldn't make a habit of it, but I don't think I'd care.

momswag
by on Aug. 22, 2012 at 6:08 PM
2 moms liked this

If they're not DIRTY underwear then it's no big deal at all. You didn't have clothes for her so they used what they had. 

De_Chick
by on Aug. 22, 2012 at 6:08 PM

if that was all she had yes..I would be okay with it.

whowhat
by on Aug. 22, 2012 at 6:10 PM
Yeah. Im sure they were clean.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SweetPea2004
by Silver Member on Aug. 22, 2012 at 6:12 PM
As long as it was washed who cares?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Young_Mommy89
by Ruby Member on Aug. 22, 2012 at 6:12 PM
I did have clothes for her, I specifically asked before we took her there if they had clothes for her. I told them if not we would go home & get some. Idk I just don't like underwear sharing, I don't want to wear someone else's idc if they're washed or not

Quoting momswag:

If they're not DIRTY underwear then it's no big deal at all. You didn't have clothes for her so they used what they had. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CreziaMommyTo2
by on Aug. 22, 2012 at 6:13 PM

if there was no choice, who cares.. but i will not take hand me down underwear.. thats just gross...

my friends son was over and he had an accident.. and i gave him some of my DSs clothes and underwear.  just like when my DD had an accident at her house, she gave my DD underwear and clothes from her DD...

bjw_053109
by on Aug. 22, 2012 at 6:14 PM
I guess since it was a relatives clothing and relatives watching your dd i would be ok with it. It would b different if it was a daycare provider or someone else watching her and they had put your dd in some other random child's underwear.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Young_Mommy89
by Ruby Member on Aug. 22, 2012 at 6:15 PM
What's the difference? Your child is still wearing someone else's undies lol.

I guess what bothered me most is I asked before I sent her if they had clothes for her, I told them I would go get some if not

Quoting CreziaMommyTo2:

if there was no choice, who cares.. but i will not take hand me down underwear.. thats just gross...

my friends son was over and he had an accident.. and i gave him some of my DSs clothes and underwear.  just like when my DD had an accident at her house, she gave my DD underwear and clothes from her DD...

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LntLckrsCmQut
by on Aug. 22, 2012 at 6:15 PM

Nope, just as I wouldn't wear another woman's panties.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN