Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Yardsale Diva?

Posted by on Aug. 24, 2012 at 9:27 AM
  • 4 Replies
So basically my family had me come pick up their crap, price it, and then they bailed on me last night when the sale at my home started. The yardsale started an hour ago, and still my mother is missing in action. Since she nor my sister bothered to price stuff, and left that to burden me, what I didn't get priced I have been practically giving away. I have two boxes of super nice clothes with a 25 Cents sign on it, and I have been selling all of the American Eagle and Hollister denim for 75 Cents. I have two kids under 3 running around with zero help. I don't even feel bad for basically giving their nice stuff away..... hell, I may even keep the money. They shouldn't have brought up doing a yard sale, advertising it, and then just bailed to leave me with this. Ugh. I'm maaaaaaad!
by on Aug. 24, 2012 at 9:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
asmalltowngirl
by Bronze Member on Aug. 24, 2012 at 9:28 AM
Keep the money.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Fmama2
by on Aug. 24, 2012 at 9:31 AM
Where do you live? Lol
I'm cleaning house now and then going out yard- saleing.
I would keep the money or at least half of it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Teeshann
by Ruby Member on Aug. 24, 2012 at 9:42 AM

i'd keep at least half and when they say something tell them it's your fee for taking care of their things.

kayntayMaMa
by on Aug. 24, 2012 at 10:20 AM
My mom finally showed. Thank God. However, she is only staying til noon. But an hour and a half of help is better than none :)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)