Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

OMG AT WHAT WAS IN HIS CUP ***UPDATE***

Posted by on Aug. 24, 2012 at 4:26 PM
  • 156 Replies
So yesterday I said the 3 year old I was keeping came over at 9 am with a cup full of coffee. His mom also said he was in his last clean pair of clothes and he didn't have any clean underwear either.

later on cafemom I posted about it.and I ended up being talked to pretty nasty because I was giving him weak tea with lunch (even though it was in a 4 oz cup )
Anyway one lady pointed out that I might have been in her situation
before and I should show compassion

Well I took that into consideration and talked to my husband about it. So I told her to bring over a basket of clothes and she could wash here. I also cooked a huge pot of hash and invited her to eat.

Now will someone give me the names of some sugar free and caffeine free drinks? My kids drink water.more often than not but they really don't like it.

*****update*****
We went to our local farmers market and bought some fruit and veggies and a huge jar of honey with a comb in it.
Also spent a lil extra at Walmart usually we spend 100 today we spent 160. Dh is pissed and I feel bad but we didn't buy tea. We got motts tots 40% less sugar some fruit and nut bars. Strawberry jam to make home made pop tarts sugar free kix cereal and a big thing of coffee with some other stuff. I did my best to shop healthy and cheap which is hard...
But its worth the extra 60 even though we didn't need to spend it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 24, 2012 at 4:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SadiasMomma
by Janet B. Benson on Aug. 24, 2012 at 4:28 PM
2 moms liked this
im confused.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jb0520
by Silver Member on Aug. 24, 2012 at 4:28 PM

Quoting SadiasMomma:

im confused.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sophiasmommy27
by Sarah Sweetheart on Aug. 24, 2012 at 4:29 PM
wtf. I'm confused too?....
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
yayay15
by Ruby Member on Aug. 24, 2012 at 4:30 PM
What?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jnw420
by on Aug. 24, 2012 at 4:30 PM
Yea me too.... very confused!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
heyiitsang84
by on Aug. 24, 2012 at 4:31 PM
1 mom liked this

ok??? 3 year olds shouldn't be drinking coffee!!!! DUH

norahsmommy
by Platinum Member on Aug. 24, 2012 at 4:32 PM
I don't see anything wrong with real ice tea that has no sugar or sweetener. My kids drink that with a little lemon. Water, watered down real juice ( start with 50/50 and dilute more as they get used to it), sparkling water with a splash of grape juice is popular 'soda' in my house.
Did you ever find out why the mom gave her child coffee? I really don't like that idea but maybe if the child showed symptoms of ADHD and she was trying to calm him by giving him coffee? I've heard people do that to avoid medication.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BraydensMama163
by on Aug. 24, 2012 at 4:32 PM
Um ok....
Little boy I keep came yesterday with a zippy cup of coffee. His mother told me he was in his last clean outfit. They don't have a way to wash.

I posted on here about it and got yelled at because I was giving him a cup of tea for lunch.

One lady on here told me she was probably having a bad week and down on her luck. To show her.compassion, so I washed and dried her laundry and invited her to eat with us.

Get it the second time?

Quoting SadiasMomma:

im confused.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
saraface5383
by Gold Member on Aug. 24, 2012 at 4:32 PM
That was nice. How about diluted juice?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
L.sands
by Bronze Member on Aug. 24, 2012 at 4:32 PM

What is hash? lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)