Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Do your daughters have an American Girl doll?

Posted by   + Show Post

Poll

Question: Do/will your daughters have one?

Options:

Yes

No

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 123

View Results

My sweet baby girl will be 1 in November and I plan to get her an American Girl doll for her birthday. I understand she's too young to care and won't play with it until she's 6 or 7, but this way I can buy something new for the doll each year on her birthday. Just wondering how many of you have purchased or will purchase an AG for your daughters?

I love them and can't wait until Journey has hers :)
CafeMom Tickers
by on Aug. 24, 2012 at 9:32 PM
Replies (21-30):
toopicky429
by Platinum Member on Aug. 24, 2012 at 9:52 PM
My daughter thought hers would come alive at night for awhile, lol. She insisted that I keep her in my room for several months, lol.

Quoting HookedDreamer:

I had them growing up. 

Then I became deathly afraid of my dolls.  They are still in boxes in my basement.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
workoutmom2b1g
by on Aug. 24, 2012 at 9:53 PM

No, but I always wanted one and plan on gettting her one. We live close to an American Girl Doll store and will make an awesome day of it!! I can't wait until she is older!!

HookedDreamer
by on Aug. 24, 2012 at 9:53 PM

Dunno LOL

Quoting Sharell8710:

Quoting HookedDreamer:

I had them growing up. 

Then I became deathly afraid of my dolls.  They are still in boxes in my basement.

Why? Did something happen with them? Just curious: (

Not only am I modified, a proud member of a hook suspension crew, slightly crazy, a writer and lots of fun.  I'm also pansexual, an active member in the BDSM community, soon to be married, totally monogamous and the proud mum to two kick ass little boys. 

HookedDreamer
by on Aug. 24, 2012 at 9:54 PM

I'm glad your daughter got over it!!! I have no idea whats wrong with me and my strange phobia. 

Quoting toopicky429:

My daughter thought hers would come alive at night for awhile, lol. She insisted that I keep her in my room for several months, lol.

Quoting HookedDreamer:

I had them growing up. 

Not only am I modified, a proud member of a hook suspension crew, slightly crazy, a writer and lots of fun.  I'm also pansexual, an active member in the BDSM community, soon to be married, totally monogamous and the proud mum to two kick ass little boys. 

CheyennesMommy2
by on Aug. 24, 2012 at 9:54 PM
Yupp, were getting her one for either birthday or christmas.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mama2b100808
by Bronze Member on Aug. 24, 2012 at 9:55 PM
my sil has one for my daughter for her 4th bday coming up
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Aphrodisiac
by on Aug. 24, 2012 at 9:58 PM

Yes, but she does not know it yet though. I bought it for her birthday this November. It's been sitting in my closet for the last 6 months. The ones she has now are Faux American girls, they are the ones you get at Target "My Generation" something like that. I bought her the McKenna doll & Brush. She will be 8.

alexsmomaubrys2
by Platinum Member on Aug. 24, 2012 at 10:02 PM
1 mom liked this

My 6 year old has the target knock off and that is fine for her right now. She isn't responsible enough right now for a $100 doll.

singlemom1208
by on Aug. 24, 2012 at 10:03 PM
No. I have a ds
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JP-StrongForTwo
by on Aug. 24, 2012 at 10:04 PM

not yet but she will one day. she loves them. i got her a mygeneration doll to practice taking care of it. she didnt do a very good job :P so we are gonna wait some more. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN