Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

What is your earliest memory?

Posted by on Aug. 24, 2012 at 9:39 PM
  • 77 Replies
2 moms liked this

Mine is when I was about 3. My mom and I were at my grandmas house and I remember playing with the dog out back and getting my clothes dirty and my mom yelling at me for it! LOL

by on Aug. 24, 2012 at 9:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
RhondaVeggie
by on Aug. 24, 2012 at 9:42 PM
I'm not sure exactly when it was but I have a flash memory of my great grandmother and she died when I was 13 months old. I also remember getting a stuffed dog named Boomer for my third birthday, that's my first really clear memory.
AF2011
by Gold Member on Aug. 24, 2012 at 9:43 PM
I was about 4ish and we were at my mom's friends house. Well everyone was talking and ignoring my sister and I. We asked to go to the park but no one would take us. So we some how made it to the park by ourselfs. The cops found us.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
alwayskk
by on Aug. 24, 2012 at 9:58 PM

I don't have very many but I specifically remember walking to the pool and falling down and scraping my knee really bad. This was when my cousin Julie was staying with us from overseas. She stayed here for a year to take care of us so that my parents didn't have to use daycare when my mom went back to work. I had to have been between 1-2 years old.

It's bizarre that I remember this because I have very, very few memories at all of my childhood but I remember the times she stayed with us.

toopicky429
by Platinum Member on Aug. 24, 2012 at 10:00 PM
1 mom liked this
Asking my mom why she didn't have a belly button. I was two. She told me my little sister stole it, lol. She had an emergency c-section with my sister, and almost died so she has no belly button.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TugBoatMama
by on Aug. 24, 2012 at 10:00 PM

I was potty training and I was 3, and my mom would reward me with these little gum balls that she put into one of those baby gum ball machines. The thought of being able to get one of those gumballs really inspired me to try.

kaygarcia97
by Gold Member on Aug. 24, 2012 at 10:02 PM
I remember being about 5 and playing with my cousins in Mississippi. We rode our bikes and we ran all over the farm. I remember riding horses with my older cousin Lindsay. I had SO much fun there!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Temecula_Mama
by on Aug. 24, 2012 at 10:03 PM
Me lying in my moms bed and hearing my dad pull up in his semi. They divorced when I was 5 so I must have been about 3. The next memory is my parents final fight and her telling him to get out and never come back. I think I must have been about 4 then.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mandiNthomas
by on Aug. 24, 2012 at 10:07 PM
my first memory was of my older brother and I in the bathroom he was pulling his pants down and had locked the door. my father started screaming on the other side and kicked the door in saw my brother who was 7 at the time and I was 3. my father started screaming at me and hitting me over and over until I threw up. not a happy memory. :(
my next memory was when my father kidnapped me and took me to kansas and I remember stopping at a payphone and dad called my mom to tell her she would never see me again.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LanaTsunami
by on Aug. 24, 2012 at 10:09 PM
My sweet 16. Anything before that (and even after) is nonexistent
mrstompkins
by on Aug. 24, 2012 at 10:11 PM
Quoting mandiNthomas:

my first memory was of my older brother and I in the bathroom he was pulling his pants down and had locked the door. my father started screaming on the other side and kicked the door in saw my brother who was 7 at the time and I was 3. my father started screaming at me and hitting me over and over until I threw up. not a happy memory. :(
my next memory was when my father kidnapped me and took me to kansas and I remember stopping at a payphone and dad called my mom to tell her she would never see me again.

Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry that happened to you!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)