Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Pro-life - with the 'exception' of rape?

Posted by on Aug. 25, 2012 at 1:51 PM
  • 147 Replies

With all the recent publicity abortion/rape/etc. has had recently I must say that I have had a difficult time understanding why those who hold onto pro-life beliefs - an unborn child has rights and abortion should be illegal - will make exceptions for conception from rape.

Why does that unborn child not have rights?

by on Aug. 25, 2012 at 1:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LoriLou75
by on Aug. 25, 2012 at 1:53 PM
14 moms liked this

Because being opposed to abortion has NOTHING to do with saving a baby, and everything to do with "punishing" women for being shameless whores.

FooLynRoo
by on Aug. 25, 2012 at 1:54 PM
15 moms liked this

I think every life created should have a chance to live.

however, what I think - shouldn't pre determine others rights.

So I stand by the right to choose for your body.

little.knickers
by on Aug. 25, 2012 at 1:54 PM
5 moms liked this
If you're pro life there shouldn't be any exceptions.

I am pro choice. But people who call themselves pro life irritate me when they say that they believe in abortion for "rape babies". That's stupid. You either believe in life or choice. Not some life.

Basically those women are saying that babies conceived through rape are worth less than 'normal' babies, and it's understandable why a woman wouldn't want to keep that pregnancy. It devalues those babies' lives.

I have two seven year old daughters who were conceived after I was raped. Those sorts of comments from women are so insulting.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jillbailey26
by on Aug. 25, 2012 at 1:59 PM
5 moms liked this

When you give an unborn child rights, you take away rights from the mother.  And any "exception" from pro life makes you pro choice.  Giving a woman a choice at all, no matter what the exception is, is pro choice.

"Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification"  Romans 14:19

NDADanceMom
by on Aug. 25, 2012 at 2:03 PM

I dont know very many pro life people that think that.  I know moderate pro choice people that feel like most of the time your choice was to not have sex.  Rape and incest nullify that choice.  

I am pro life and I value the life of a child who has a rapist for a father as much as a child who has a doctor for a father. 

babyspots17
by Bronze Member on Aug. 25, 2012 at 2:04 PM
2 moms liked this
I can't speak for other "pro-life" people but the reason I have exceptions are simple I think everyone should have the choice to have consentual sex.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LucyHarper
by on Aug. 25, 2012 at 2:04 PM
4 moms liked this

I'm prolife without the acception of rape. I believe theres no excuse for killing a child and its not a childs fault if their father is a monster, they shouldn't pay for their parents crimes.

DakotaHaley
by Crystal on Aug. 25, 2012 at 2:05 PM

I am pro life except for rape and medical reasons that may threaten life of parent.

I think why people think the unborn child has no rights is because one it is unborn and two it's a child.

Sweet_Faith
by Ruby Member on Aug. 25, 2012 at 2:06 PM
2 moms liked this

I'm pro life and that baby conceived in rape deserves to live, it's not their fault, that baby is innocent. The only exception I have when it comes to abortion would be when the mother's life is at risk.

little.knickers
by on Aug. 25, 2012 at 2:09 PM
What are your reasons for being pro life?

Quoting DakotaHaley:

I am pro life except for rape and medical reasons that may threaten life of parent.

I think why people think the unborn child has no rights is because one it is unborn and two it's a child.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN