Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

What do i do? she is my friend?

Posted by on Aug. 26, 2012 at 10:10 AM
  • 30 Replies
One of my friends is moving about 30 minutes from me and will be needing help with her son.

She works 8-5 about 20 minutes from me. She has no help with him. No child support. And very little food stamps.
She wants me to keep him for her. She wants me to pick him up from her work.every morning and she will pick him up about 6.
She also wants me to start prek lessons with him and potty train him and I will also be providing his meals while he is here.
She wants to pay me 90 a week. The more I think about it the more I want to tell her she is crazy. She makes good money but just bought a house, I know she needs a break and she thinks using me to babysit is the cheapest way and I can't fault her for it.... usually I charge 75 per week and she is offering 90 if I pick him up.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 26, 2012 at 10:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mjande4
by Silver Member on Aug. 26, 2012 at 10:13 AM

I don't think she's much of a friend.  Based on what you have written here, she is USING you.  She's asking YOU to pick him up, YOU to watch him, YOU to feel bad for her.  Cut ties now for YOUR sanity.

christina0607
by on Aug. 26, 2012 at 10:14 AM

If you don't want to, tell her no.

Or you could negotiate a little. Maybe she brings him and drops him off and she pays you the regular $75 a week.

BraydensMama163
by Gold Member on Aug. 26, 2012 at 10:18 AM
She has never said anything.to me about her life being bad or hard.

I feel bad cause I remember what its like being a single.mom. I.do agree she is kind of using me here but she offered to buy all the prek stuff. And enough of it for my daughter as well. She pays me well over what I ask of other people when I keep him on Saturdays while she works some overtime.

I'm just mostly worried about the driving. I just don't see me wanting.to get up every morning and making that drive with.my daughter and back.

Quoting mjande4:

I don't think she's much of a friend.  Based on what you have written here, she is USING you.  She's asking YOU to pick him up, YOU to watch him, YOU to feel bad for her.  Cut ties now for YOUR sanity.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BraydensMama163
by Gold Member on Aug. 26, 2012 at 10:19 AM
She seems kinda set on me meeting her at her office. That's the only thing I don't like about all this.

Quoting christina0607:

Or you could negotiate a little. Maybe she brings him and drops him off and she pays you the regular $75 a week.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ambermario4ever
by Gold Member on Aug. 26, 2012 at 10:21 AM
1 mom liked this
If she can afford to buy a house then why is she on food stamps? And if you need the money then do it. But tell her you will not potty train for her that that is her job to do.
christina0607
by on Aug. 26, 2012 at 10:22 AM

then it's simple...say you can't. Thats it.

Quoting BraydensMama163:

She seems kinda set on me meeting her at her office. That's the only thing I don't like about all this.

Quoting christina0607:

Make someone happy today, mind your own business.

BraydensMama163
by Gold Member on Aug. 26, 2012 at 10:26 AM
She found a great deal on a trailer she pays the owner 650 a month no money down.

Quoting ambermario4ever:

If she can afford to buy a house then why is she on food stamps? And if you need the money then do it. But tell her you will not potty train for her that that is her job to do.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BraydensMama163
by Gold Member on Aug. 26, 2012 at 10:26 AM
How am I suppose to say that though?
I don't want to be rude.

Quoting christina0607:

Quoting BraydensMama163:

Quoting christina0607:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
christina0607
by on Aug. 26, 2012 at 10:29 AM

You simply say that you don't mind watching him(which you said you don;t so I assume you don't" but picking him up in the morning isn't somehting you can do. Or a simple ....I would love to watch him, but I can't pick him up in the mornings.

Easy, and not rude at all.

Quoting BraydensMama163:

How am I suppose to say that though?
I don't want to be rude.

Quoting christina0607:

Quoting BraydensMama163:

Quoting christina0607:

Make someone happy today, mind your own business.

mackiebugsmom
by on Aug. 26, 2012 at 10:32 AM
If you charge $75 regularly I, personally, would just do it and help her out..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)