Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

I am so nervous!

Posted by on Aug. 28, 2012 at 8:32 PM
  • 6 Replies

Tomorrow morning I will take my very first test in nursing school!

It is over some very common sense stuff but some difficult material too. I have read till my eyes watered. I have pondered and thought till I had headaches. I have studied more this week than I have ever done in all my 40 yrs!

God, Hope I pass this thing tomorrow morning!

by on Aug. 28, 2012 at 8:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Colleen86
by on Aug. 28, 2012 at 8:33 PM

imagine everything you studies isn;t on the test? lol JOKE

good luck! I am soo sure you will pass..update with how it went!

lovelove211
by Silver Member on Aug. 28, 2012 at 8:33 PM
Good luck :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
FooLynRoo
by on Aug. 28, 2012 at 8:34 PM

Good luck!

A.J.s_mommy
by Ruby Member on Aug. 28, 2012 at 8:34 PM
Good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ArrudAwakening
by on Aug. 28, 2012 at 8:36 PM

Don't over study yourself because when you actually do go to take the test you will forget a lot of it from being nervous. What I do when I have big tests is I study for 30 minutes do something for 15 mins then go back for another 30 minutes, or whatever time frame is better for you. I noticed the more I studied the worst I did on tests so I decided to take it slow and do it the way I have mentioned and it helped a lot more... Good luck!

momdoes
by Platinum Member on Aug. 28, 2012 at 8:45 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting ArrudAwakening:

Don't over study yourself because when you actually do go to take the test you will forget a lot of it from being nervous. What I do when I have big tests is I study for 30 minutes do something for 15 mins then go back for another 30 minutes, or whatever time frame is better for you. I noticed the more I studied the worst I did on tests so I decided to take it slow and do it the way I have mentioned and it helped a lot more... Good luck!

I am a horrible test taker, that is sure. But my proff gave us a test taking power point handout to help us identify our strengths and weaknesses in test taking and gave some very helpful pointers and tips. My main problem is I THINK I understand the question but I have read too fast and end up choosing the wrong answer based on that. So I must go slow and re read what it is asking and then look at my choices. Most of my time has been reading the text/chapters. Our first week was 20 chapters to read in one book! Then about 4 in another, plus our labs! Crazy!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)