Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

So much bright orange polar fleece

Posted by on Aug. 29, 2012 at 9:42 AM
  • 5 Replies
Years ago it hit me that too many people have the same colored suitcases -- tradiationally black and navy blue -- making it EXTREMELY hard to find your luggage at the airport. I had bought royal-blue suitcases, but even those were becoming popular....so I bought some bright orange polar fleece and sewed it on the handles of the suitcase -- this worked well and made finding my bags easier.

I am in the process of sewing the bright orange polar fleece on the handles of all of the new suitcases and duffle bags that we have bought. I am SO SICK of bright ornage polar fleece right now! LOL
I have finished 4 of the 5 new large, green suitcases. I still have all 6 of the duffle bags (which are all black because that is the only color they had in-store when I bought them) to do.
UGH - if I never see bright orange polar fleece again after this - I will be very happy!
by on Aug. 29, 2012 at 9:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
cjsix
by faith on Aug. 30, 2012 at 12:20 AM

sidesplittinglaughterI had to laugh at the thought of yards of bright orange polar fleece fabric sewing...it would hurt my eyes after a few minutes and to work with polar fleece when it's so hot out....ewww! It is however definately going to make your luggage stand out and be easier to find.

Sassy762
by Emerald Member on Aug. 30, 2012 at 12:23 AM

Why not choose bright red

cdi
by on Aug. 30, 2012 at 12:27 AM
I just used decorative neon pink zebra print duct tape on the sides
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Aug. 30, 2012 at 12:34 AM

Yeah I would choose a cool duct tape and do a racing stripe on the suitcases.  I bought new purple ones so they were easy to spot.  DD put stickers on hers as well LOL.

laurag8707
by Bronze Member on Aug. 30, 2012 at 12:40 AM

Haha such a good idea I took bandanas and put them on the handles of my luggage no problems finding my luggage i was in and out

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN