Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Endometrial Ablation

Posted by on Aug. 29, 2012 at 11:33 AM
  • 30 Replies
I'm considering getting this done.
Have you our anyone your know had it done?
If so what was your outcome?
Would you do it again?
How old were you when you got it done?
Do you still have your period?
Were you anemic when you had it done and sine having out done has it helped with your anemia?
Do you feel better since?
Any other things you want to share about it?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 29, 2012 at 11:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
inspain
by on Aug. 29, 2012 at 11:38 AM
1 mom liked this

I think I may go for it after this kid is born.  At 46, it's time to burn the factory down anyway and I've been anemic all my life.  If I have to continue having heavy periods even at this age, I'm getting it done and I think it'll be a good thing.

Elise1968
by on Aug. 29, 2012 at 11:38 AM

I did it - LOVE it.  No periods and the procedure was a piece of cake!!

deek3579
by on Aug. 29, 2012 at 11:41 AM
I am the same way except I'm almost 27.

Quoting inspain:

I think I may go for it after this kid is born.  At 46, it's time to burn the factory down anyway and I've been anemic all my life.  If I have to continue having heavy periods even at this age, I'm getting it done and I think it'll be a good thing.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
deek3579
by on Aug. 29, 2012 at 11:42 AM
How long ago did you have it done?

Quoting Elise1968:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Elise1968
by on Aug. 29, 2012 at 11:49 AM

I think it has been two years now! I'm 44.

Quoting deek3579:

How long ago did you have it done?

Quoting Elise1968:

Toxic.Stardust
by on Aug. 29, 2012 at 11:51 AM
I don't know what that is, bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lovinmykiddo07
by Ruby Member on Aug. 29, 2012 at 11:51 AM

I had it done June 29,2012.
MIL had it done a couple years back.
I still have some pain, no bleeding tho! )
Yes, I would do it again if needed.
I was 24.
No I don't get my period, but around the time I'd usually start I do still get PMS symptoms.
Yes I feel better since.
I had very low blood platelet counts. Mine was at 19,000. Its supposed to be AT LEAST 150,000.Haven't had my appointment with my hematologist yet to see if its improved.

If your body is still able to have kids, are you getting your tubes tied as well? My doctor "forgot" that the Catholic hospital she was doing my ablation at wouldn't allow her to tie my tubes. And well, it can be dangerous for me & almost impossible to carry to term if I should get pregnant. So we are having to be very careful until I can get my tubal scheduled..by another doctor.. that has privledges at a non-Catholic hospital.  - ____ -

TessB
by on Aug. 29, 2012 at 12:02 PM
I had it done in may along with a tubal, I'm so happy I did it! No bleeding, no issues! If it wears off in five years I will gladly get it done again.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
deek3579
by on Aug. 29, 2012 at 12:04 PM
What kind of pain do you have? Are your pms symptoms lessened or about the same?
As for my tubes, they are already tied. So no worries there!

Quoting lovinmykiddo07:

I was 24.
No I don't get my period, but around the time I'd usually start I do still get PMS symptoms.
Yes I feel better since.
I had very low blood platelet counts. Mine was at 19,000. Its supposed to be AT LEAST 150,000.Haven't had my appointment with my hematologist yet to see if its improved.

If your body is still able to have kids, are you getting your tubes tied as well? My doctor "forgot" that the Catholic hospital she was doing my ablation at wouldn't allow her to tie my tubes. And well, it can be dangerous for me & almost impossible to carry to term if I should get pregnant. So we are having to be very careful until I can get my tubal scheduled..by another doctor.. that has privledges at a non-Catholic hospital.  - ____ -

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TessB
by on Aug. 29, 2012 at 12:05 PM
So weird how doctors do things differently. I have thrombocytopenia as well and my platelets were at 70k (I know yours were much lower) but my doctor just had a blood transfusion ready.

Quoting lovinmykiddo07:

I was 24.
Yes I feel better since.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN