Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

OMG. This poor woman! Warning: This is very disturbing

Posted by   + Show Post

This part broke on the news on the 27th, this month:

A passerby said he found a woman naked and severely burned with a rope around her neck in the middle of a Muskingum County road on Sunday.

The 29-year-old woman was found along state Route 208 near Steel Hill Road, between Dresden and Adamsville.

The unidentified woman told witnesses that she had been raped.

Investigators said that they found a crime scene in the woods nearby and believed that she had been tortured there.

Bureau of Criminal Identification investigators collected evidence, including gas cans.

The woman was taken to the Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center, where she was in critical condition with fourth-degree burns to the majority of her body.

Muskingum County Sheriff Matt Lutz said that his department was questioning people in connection with the crime.

“This is one of the most gruesome things I’ve seen in 23 ½ years in law enforcement,” said Lutz.

Lutz said that he did not believe the crime was a random act.

"There was a vehicle that we were looking for that interested us,” Lutz said. “We found that last night in the Canton area. There are some people of interest to us that we are looking for.”

Watch 10TV News and refresh 10TV.com for more information.

This part was put up today:

A woman who told authorities that she was burned, raped and left for dead in the middle of a Muskingum County Road has died.

Celeste E. Fronsman, 29, was found along state Route 208 near Steel Hill Road, between Dresden and Adamsville on Sunday. Authorities said that she died on Tuesday.

Investigators said that they found a crime scene in the woods nearby and believed that she Fronsman been tortured there.

Bureau of Criminal Identification investigators collected evidence, including gas cans.

Fronsman, 29, of Canton, was taken to the Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center, where she died.

An autopsy was scheduled, and the investigation continued.

Muskingum County Sheriff Matt Lutz said that he did not believe the crime was a random act.

Watch 10TV News and refresh 10TV.com for more information.

by on Aug. 29, 2012 at 6:51 PM
Replies (11-20):
Peanutsmommy03
by on Aug. 29, 2012 at 7:01 PM
Tears, bless her soul
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
toopicky429
by Platinum Member on Aug. 29, 2012 at 7:02 PM
How awful. I live about 40 minutes from Canton. :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mattiehatter
by Bronze Member on Aug. 29, 2012 at 7:03 PM

Hopefully they can catch the monster who did this to her.

momdoes
by Platinum Member on Aug. 29, 2012 at 7:03 PM

Quoting toopicky429:

How awful. I live about 40 minutes from Canton. :(

I dont too far either.

Aislinn
by on Aug. 29, 2012 at 7:03 PM

Quoting LadyByrdNest:

Burn injuries are so painful it's actually better that she passed 4th agree burns are unbearable.

Actually, they are not painful. They destroy the nerve endings.  Hopefully, that means she was not feeling excruciating pain as she passed. 

SecretSuzy
by on Aug. 29, 2012 at 7:04 PM

that is so horribly sad...and terrifying.  Her poor family. Nobody deserves that...

momdoes
by Platinum Member on Aug. 29, 2012 at 7:08 PM

Quoting Aislinn:

Quoting LadyByrdNest:

Burn injuries are so painful it's actually better that she passed 4th agree burns are unbearable.

Actually, they are not painful. They destroy the nerve endings.  Hopefully, that means she was not feeling excruciating pain as she passed. 

Usually a fourth degree burns do destroy nerve endings, but not always. Depends how far down into the tissues the burn went. Fourth degrees can go all the way to bone. I am sure this woman had pain, I just hope the hospital doped her up good prior to her death.

Aislinn
by on Aug. 29, 2012 at 7:10 PM

Quoting momdoes:

Quoting Aislinn:

Quoting LadyByrdNest:

Usually a fourth degree burns do destroy nerve endings, but not always. Depends how far down into the tissues the burn went. Fourth degrees can go all the way to bone. I am sure this woman had pain, I just hope the hospital doped her up good prior to her death.

No. Always. That was what classifies them as forth degree. This is not a "sometimes".. ALWAYS.

bec94
by Gold Member on Aug. 29, 2012 at 7:11 PM

Quoting FooLynRoo:

I hope she has found peace where she has gone, and I hope she was able to help the police with information that will lead to the monster(s) who did this.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momdoes
by Platinum Member on Aug. 29, 2012 at 7:14 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Aislinn:

Quoting momdoes:

Quoting Aislinn:

Quoting LadyByrdNest:

No. Always. That was what classifies them as forth degree. This is not a "sometimes".. ALWAYS.

Well then my A&P proff lied to us. He told us differently, but said it usually does destroy nerve endings, but you have nerve endings everywhere, not just your skin. Muscles and bones contain them too.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)