Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Im worried about my baby :(

Posted by on Aug. 30, 2012 at 8:00 AM
  • 4 Replies

DD is close to 4 and has never thrown up her entire life (even as a baby she only spit up maybe once). This morning she came into my room and she was crying and clenching her teeth so hard I could hear it...then she started to seem like she was going to be sick. So I got her to the bathroom and she threw up on the floor and in the toilet. It really freaked her out, her heart was racing and she kept clenching her teeth. I gave her a bath because she threw up in her hair and on herself some but now she seems fine. She says her stomach doesnt hurt now. It just seems weird, what would cause her to just throw up like that??

We both just got over having the "common cold" which shes never had before, im not sure if thats related or not..

by on Aug. 30, 2012 at 8:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
tairakittie
by Platinum Member on Aug. 30, 2012 at 8:05 AM
2 moms liked this
Any number of things could have caused it but I REALLY wouldnt be worried about it unless she pukes nonstop for hours.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Aspiemom0203
by on Aug. 30, 2012 at 8:06 AM
If she had a cold it could be that the nasal drainage made her sick. Kids don't blow their noses properly. Children typically will feel great to good for about 2 hrs after vomiting before getting sick again. It makes it difficult to keep them still. If she vomits too much take her to a doctor. Keep her hydrated with clear liquids. Give her dry toast, crackers or bananas. I had one with acid reflux and he vomitted often. Bananas helped settle his tummy. His Dr told me about it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dcdmattison03
by on Aug. 30, 2012 at 8:08 AM

I wouldn't worry to much unless she does it for hours

happymommy1105
by Platinum Member on Aug. 30, 2012 at 8:11 AM
1 mom liked this
Who knows.

My kid throws up a lot. sometimes he just gets too hot, over eats, eats something that doesn't agree with him, stomach produces too much acid.

She threw up once. she is fine. just keep an eye on her.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)