Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club
A few moms stating when there kids were babys they had thoughts of shaking them from being so frstrated?! I've never read anything so scary on here.

Maybe its common, but I never had those thoughts..and no I didn't have a lot of help..dh worked and it was all me..both times. And my second was very fussy while my then 18 month old hated the new baby for a good week.

But yea that's. scary.

Edit- for those who like to twist things...I feel sad for them. Sad as in wow I wish I could do something...not sad as in "they are sad people"

Maybe scary wasn't a good word to use but seeing all those women talk like that IS scary.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 30, 2012 at 10:58 AM
Replies (101-101):
Basherte
by Silver Member on Aug. 31, 2012 at 8:08 PM

I would say that they felt overwhelmed. 

I think it's sad. As in heartbreaking. With my first one, there were times. When he first came home. He wouldn't sleep for more than 30 minutes at a time and that was only when he was in his swing. He's now 15. 

I'm very glad that it never translated to actions. 

There is a big difference between having those emotions running around, and a woman who purposely kills her kids to be with a man. (not the father of the kids.) They weren't babies. She was very 'sane', as in she though it through first. Then planned it out. Then drowned them in her car. 

This is a lot different. That's why a lot of people will advise putting the infant in their crib safely with no blankets and such in with them and make sure they are safe, then go take a15 minute walk. Or a shower. To calm down to care for themselves for a few minutes. Then go back with a 'fresh' outlook. No clue if that works all the time. I know that it worked for me. Still does. I put him on the couch and have him take a 5 minute time out so that he can calm down. And I take that time to calm down as well. When that 5 minutes is up... we are both calmer and much happier. Then we play and I tickle him and all is forgiven and over with. The thoughts ran around my head. What did I do? I cried as well. Nobody got shook around. 

Look being a mom is hard we all know this. Why punish someone for a thought? We can't. We can only understand the stress, the feelings, and be supportive. We don't know the situations that brought those thoughts and feelings to happen. We should be thankful that they didn't act on them and support them. 

Not judge. Don't we put enough pressure on ourselves to be the 'perfect' Mom as it is? Without other mothers putting pressure on us and telling us what we can and can't think? 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)