Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club
Don't assume that just because someone is skinny that they don't eat or they have an eating disorder. Don't tell them to go eat a sammich, don't tell them they are going to blow away in the wind, don't make comments about them having an eating disorder. Why is it taboo to comment on someone's weight when they are overweight but when someone is skinny it's okay to make comments?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 30, 2012 at 4:05 PM
Replies (31-35):
eesmommy
by Gold Member on Aug. 30, 2012 at 5:24 PM
People are just ignorant sometimes, ai am five six and wiegh 128 people always say I am too thin or need to eat or when.did I eat last, truth is, I eat a lot of food, but I eat very healthy, and I only drink a cup of coffee and a ton of water.... yes I am thin, yes I will eat you under the table and out the door, no I dont care for your opinion lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BlessedMommyNE
by on Aug. 30, 2012 at 5:34 PM
Lol! Good for you!

Quoting eesmommy:

People are just ignorant sometimes, ai am five six and wiegh 128 people always say I am too thin or need to eat or when.did I eat last, truth is, I eat a lot of food, but I eat very healthy, and I only drink a cup of coffee and a ton of water.... yes I am thin, yes I will eat you under the table and out the door, no I dont care for your opinion lol.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BlessedMommyNE
by on Aug. 30, 2012 at 5:35 PM
Awesome, let's go!

Quoting FooLynRoo:

Sure am!

Quoting BlessedMommyNE:

Are you buying?

Quoting FooLynRoo:

it's taboo to talk about people being fat?

Since when?

Go eat a taco!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
paganbaby
by Ruby Member on Aug. 30, 2012 at 5:50 PM

Hey, what's up with your siggy?

Quoting AnnieMcD:

I understand. People suck sometimes. I don't think it's ok to comment on skinny people's weight either because you never know, maybe they have cancer. 

And maybe they just have a really fast metabolism. I know women who would KILL to put on 20 lbs. 

I also really hate those "Real Women Have Curves" ads. Real women have vaginas, regardless of the shape of the body around them. 

Quoting BlessedMommyNE:

Have you ever had someone tell you that you needed to take some of the food off your plate because you're too fat? I've been told as a skinny person to put MORE food on my plate because "I could use it." I don't think it's seen as saying anything wrong when you are commenting on a skinny persons weight...heck they're skinny, why would they care, right?

Sorry to hear people are calling you fat to your face. That's just not okay.

Quoting AnnieMcD:

Since when is it taboo to make comments about a fat person's appearance? Cause I get called fat all the damned time. 

How about, don't comment about the weight of someone you don't know, one way or another, cause you don't fucking know them and it's none of your goddamned business what they weigh ... 

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

AnnieMcD
by on Aug. 30, 2012 at 6:07 PM

Shanny's been booted from the "big groups" ... we're trying to change that. ;o)

Quoting paganbaby:

Hey, what's up with your siggy?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)