Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Is your family struggling?

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2012 at 8:10 AM
  • 85 Replies

I keep hearing these news stories about struggling families and its starting to sound like the great depression. I dont truly know anyone who is struggling the way the news makes it out to seem but, im wondering if any of you are?  It breaks my heart to hear that kids are going to bed hungry, or the parents cant keep the electricity or water on. We are by no means rich and went through a very rough patch a few years back in which we lost everything but, it doesnt sound nearly as bad as whats going on now for some of you.  My heart and prayers go out to all of you, that is for sure!!

hugs

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers
by on Aug. 31, 2012 at 8:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
notjstasocermom
by Samantha on Aug. 31, 2012 at 8:26 AM
8 moms liked this

imo many are struggeling because they don't know how to manage money, they are irresponsible with it.

xXxLillithxXx
by on Aug. 31, 2012 at 8:26 AM
1 mom liked this
Yes but we don't go without. My inlaws help us out with money alot..and I'm really thankful they do because my family could give a rats ass about anyone but themselves. I hope some day we can make it to a better place financially that is for sure.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bebe_ju-rah
by on Aug. 31, 2012 at 8:29 AM
Nope. We're doing better than we have in 5 years. We are very fortunate and have taken many hits on the road to where we are now.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
yezay
by Platinum Member on Aug. 31, 2012 at 8:31 AM
We're living paycheck to paycheck. We're both searching for better jobs currently. I'd guess that most people who are suffering in the manner you're talking about don't have Internet.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
2and2onway
by Platinum Member on Aug. 31, 2012 at 8:34 AM

Yes, bt we will come through. If my husbands job wud go back to full time we could start climbing back out. I am starting to babysit for some extra money but that only goes so far.

TrouserMouse
by on Aug. 31, 2012 at 8:36 AM

People struggling and not being able to have enough food or keep their utilities on is not new.  Where I grew up, it was a very poor area.  This was 30 years ago.  It was normal for people to have their utilities shut off and not enough food.

estevezcc
by on Aug. 31, 2012 at 8:40 AM
bump

ToriBabe1221
by Gold Member on Aug. 31, 2012 at 8:40 AM
2 moms liked this
We "struggle" ... But my bills are paid. I manage my money in a way that my bills come first, always.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ToriBabe1221
by Gold Member on Aug. 31, 2012 at 8:41 AM
4 moms liked this
Um. Then, no. your not struggling.

Quoting sburst:

Yes an no. He makes really good money but we also have 2 houses a truck a car and credit cards. But we never go to bed hungry and we still have fun.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Rose87
by on Aug. 31, 2012 at 8:41 AM
Yes but only because he was inbetween projects with Disney and was out of work for 2 or 3 weeks. Starting soon he'll be working 70hr weeks... and he got a $1.50/hr raise
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)