Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

What’s the most important thing when deciding which cleaning products to purchase?

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2012 at 9:59 AM
  • 11 Replies

Poll

Question: What’s the most important thing when deciding which cleaning products to purchase?

Options:

Easy to use for a quicker clean

Quality of product

Price

Fight bacteria and germs

Other (Do tell)

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 16

View Results

by on Aug. 31, 2012 at 9:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momdoes
by Platinum Member on Aug. 31, 2012 at 10:03 AM

Quality and price. One must trump the other and it dont matter which is first! LOL

Tyrneathem
by Bronze Member on Aug. 31, 2012 at 11:40 AM
1 mom liked this

My skin. I was burned with chemicals at work many years ago. My hands took forever to heal and are now sensitive to many things... I can't even wear gloves because my hands blister if they get too warm. I aim to find products with as few ingredients and as eco-friendly as possible. For the most part, I clean with vinegar, steam, and elbow grease. 

blsdbyangel07
by Evil Food Lady on Aug. 31, 2012 at 11:46 AM
1 mom liked this

Scent....  im a scent whore.  Must have something that smells good!  Lol, i'd say that's my first go to thing when looking for cleaning supplies.  If it stinks I must keep looking..

NichelleB07
by on Aug. 31, 2012 at 1:07 PM
2 moms liked this

Other. Safety. I do not use any products that have chemicals, toxins or ingredients that are harmful to humans/the environment....which is 99% of cleaning products. 

mstef99
by on Aug. 31, 2012 at 7:54 PM

I'm busy I like things to clean fast and quick so I have more time with family and to do my own thing!

ILive4This
by on Aug. 31, 2012 at 8:22 PM

This.  I use castile (vegetable based) soap, baking soda, salt, lemons, vinegar, peroxide and a few other assorted things.  I've tried Mrs. Meyers, and some 7th Generation stuff too.

Quoting NichelleB07:

Other. Safety. I do not use any products that have chemicals, toxins or ingredients that are harmful to humans/the environment....which is 99% of cleaning products. 

MrsApple
by Gold Member on Aug. 31, 2012 at 8:23 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't purchase cleaning products.Just vinegar/water mix for me!

ACrowsNest
by on Aug. 31, 2012 at 8:26 PM

We don't use anything toxic in our home- all plant based and organic cleaners here! I am allergic to bleach, so if we do have to use it my SO gets the honors, and I take the baby out for the day.

tools4mom
by on Aug. 31, 2012 at 8:49 PM

Other! I don't use harmful chemically filled products in my home. I use natural safe products from Melaleuca (an online Health & Wellness Store)and I love them! Plus I earn residual income by working from home for them too so it's a win-win here!

Seagodess
by Silver Member on Aug. 31, 2012 at 10:16 PM

Price. I dont use many cleaning products as it is. Mainly just vinegar for most surfaces, dish soaps for dishes and bleach for the bathrooms. I get the off brands for all of them because I dont believe there is a difference in quality in these types of products.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)