Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Treating spider bites?

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2012 at 2:21 PM
  • 6 Replies

I'm fairly certain thats what these are. But Idk what kind of spider or how to treat them. I live in upstate NY so I doubt its poisonous.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 31, 2012 at 2:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
TotallyWarped
by on Aug. 31, 2012 at 2:40 PM
Help?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TotallyWarped
by on Aug. 31, 2012 at 7:29 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Thelmama
by Ruby Member on Aug. 31, 2012 at 7:32 PM

Ok, I am no profesional or anything but as long as their are no signs of infection, neosporin cream or anything you would treat a bug bite with.  My dd got bit by a spider and we didn't know until the next day when it started swelling up on her finger. At first we thought she had an allergic reaction. Took her to a walk in clinic and they gave her antibiotics. That evening she spiked a high fever and became lethargic and started throwing up. We rushed her to ER and the admitted her because the bit caused an infection. She was in the hospital 3 days on iv antibiotics and morphine. She just missed having surgery.  

Thelmama
by Ruby Member on Aug. 31, 2012 at 7:33 PM

Hers looked way worse than your bites, so maybe even treat with benadryl cream or cortisone cream.

angelasmom27
by on Aug. 31, 2012 at 7:40 PM
Could be bed bugs!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommytoeandb
by Gold Member on Aug. 31, 2012 at 7:46 PM

DS got bite by a spider because he picked it up to show me (he's 6..wth?).  Thankfully, he killed it and I was able to identify it.  :P

We just treated it like any other bug bite.  I read that spiders don't typically bite humans unless they are frightened.  Are you sure it isn't something else?  I'd check for bed bugs.  GL!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)