Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

is this typical for a kindergartener?

Posted by on Sep. 1, 2012 at 12:16 AM
  • 66 Replies

My little guy comes home absolutely exhausted every night and has started throwing hissy fits at bed time.  Right now he has been going at it (on the floor kicking crying screaming) for about 25 minutes because I refused to drop everything and go to WalMart to buy him a guitar (his babysitter has one and he really wants one of his own).  I've learned to leave him alone during his fits because my talking to him just fuels it more.  It's Friday and I know he's just dead tired - but is this normal for a 5 year old? 

by on Sep. 1, 2012 at 12:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lovinmykiddo07
by Ruby Member on Sep. 1, 2012 at 12:17 AM

Yes. 

strictmomhere
by Platinum Member on Sep. 1, 2012 at 12:19 AM
Um i dont have patients i dont do its and if u get him a guitar ur nuts make him earn it
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SecretSuzy
by on Sep. 1, 2012 at 12:19 AM

My son just started kindergarten as well and he is just getting used to his new schedual.  He has to get up way earlier than what he is used to, so I feel like that may play a big role.  By the time he gets home from school at 3 he is exhaused.  he gets his second wind but he is always ready for bet at about 7:30.  It is just going to take some getting used to I think

LucyHarper

I can't speak for everyone, but my four year old hasn't thrown a on the ground screaming kicking fit in over a year. If he did, I would honestly tell him to forget about the guitar until his attitude shapes up, thats not how we get what we want.

rockabillybetty
Just a tantrum..i let my son have his fits then he wuld stop cuz he saw i didnt care for it. My bf always buys things in two so kids dnt fight and they have their own. I teach to share they do good. Normal for tantrums they usually tire themselves out. We also hve them earn toys throwin a fit makes the decision to NOT get anything until it stops cold turkey
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nazgor
by Ruby Member on Sep. 1, 2012 at 12:19 AM
When they are that exhausted, yes.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Sep. 1, 2012 at 12:19 AM

Yup the exhaustion was typical for dd especially on PE days.  She gets upset when she is tired and/or hungry.

PEEK05
by on Sep. 1, 2012 at 12:20 AM
1 mom liked this

Maybe he is not getting enough sleep.  My daughter's worst behavior occurs when she is exhausted.  He may need an earlier bedtime.

ColeAreeaJet
by Bronze Member on Sep. 1, 2012 at 12:21 AM
1 mom liked this

LOL - I was never buying the guitar.  I told him to put it on his Christmas list :)

Quoting strictmomhere:

Um i dont have patients i dont do its and if u get him a guitar ur nuts make him earn it

ColeAreeaJet
by Bronze Member on Sep. 1, 2012 at 12:22 AM

Hmmmm he did have PE today! 

Quoting frndlyfn:

Yup the exhaustion was typical for dd especially on PE days.  She gets upset when she is tired and/or hungry.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN