Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

I dislike Snotty Grocery store workers *vent*

Posted by on Sep. 3, 2012 at 10:13 PM
  • 32 Replies

I realy do. I sit down on the 1st of every month and go through the store sales ads and put in a spreadsheet what I need and how much it costs so I go in knowing I have enough money on hand for the items. My Budget is always exact down to 2-3 dollars over or under but I have leeway for that purpose. I do this so that I can maximize what I get for what I spend.

This time the ad said 5 for $10 on general mills cearals, I was like "yay I can make smores squares for cheaper since we eat them as our sweet treats" so we went in, but I left my ad in the truck thinking no biggy they have signs on everything.

I grabbed the cereal, it had two signs one for a sale price that ended the 1st, and one that was this sale. I said ok because they've done that before and it rang up with the current sale. I get up there and have my calculator ready with everything because I add it up as I go to double check, and she tells me no the sale that ended the 1st was the price on the cereal. I was like "there are two signs, one says the price you rang up that ended the 1st and one is this sale." so the bagger goes "I just bought some last week so the price is right"  The Casheir basicly told me I was wrong about the sale because it rang up at 3 dolalrs a box. I said fine and went about it, I ended up going over the ammount of money I had on me by a dollar. So i put the cereal back since it rang up as 3 dollars and got my stuff and went home to make sure I was seeing the ad right. plus I had to do a drop off for an item I sold on a yard sale site on facebook. I also wanted to wait a lil bit to cool down so I didn't cause a scene.

After I did my sale I went back in and had ad in hand incase it did the same. They rang up according to what I told the first cashier. I'm just pissy that a teenager would argue with me over a price instead of just checking the sales tag which was just 15 ft away in teh cereal ailse..

but now I feel like a budget nazi cause I was cranky that she told me I was wrong.. I do this budget every month, I go for sale days to maximize our food for cost every time.. it stings when I'm wrong or go over. and my leeway had been spent at a farmers market gettins a very nice watermellon for 3 bucks or I would have had that. but did the girl have to be snotty and refuse to listen?

by on Sep. 3, 2012 at 10:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Lorelai_Nicole
by Lorelai on Sep. 3, 2012 at 10:16 PM
2 moms liked this
I would have asked to speak to a manager.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
a06z08mama
by Silver Member on Sep. 3, 2012 at 10:17 PM
When I worked at a grocery store during high school I went and checked the aisle. Or we also was suppose to keep an ad in our checkout for cases like this. She was rude to argue with you.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Holztastic
by on Sep. 3, 2012 at 10:18 PM

I work at a grocery store. You were right, and you should've asked to speak to a manager on the spot!

Sparkyfire
by Gold Member on Sep. 3, 2012 at 10:19 PM

I would have but I was gettin upset and I will not blow up in front of my child ever. as he was waiting on mommy I felt it better to walk away, calm down and speak to a manager when I went alone later. but I got my cereal for the ad price when I went back. so someone bitched before I could lol

I just do not get why teenagers are so rude as cashiers at this store. its the only grocery in town though but the teenage cashiers always act like they are so much better than everyone else. the stock boys have always been so nice, even with me being pregnant and unable to lift, if I ask one of them to help me, they are on it in a jiff. but the dang cashiers..

Quoting Lorelai_Nicole:

I would have asked to speak to a manager.

Caitlin10081989
by Ruby Member on Sep. 3, 2012 at 10:21 PM

Report her to the manager. Let the manager know that you took care of it, but the manager can keep an eye on the grocery worker so it does not happen to someone else. 

ariesmommy84
by on Sep. 3, 2012 at 10:22 PM
1 mom liked this
This! And I use to be a manager at a grocery store. If the tag says 2 bucks then they should give it to you at that price!

Quoting Holztastic:

I work at a grocery store. You were right, and you should've asked to speak to a manager on the spot!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ballerina18
by Platinum Member on Sep. 3, 2012 at 10:22 PM

Sorry you had to deal with that. I hate it when cashiers insist they are right.

One time I bought groceries my bananas rung up as $15 for one bushel of bananas! I pointed it out to the cashier because obviously that is insane for bananas. The cashier told me "Well, they're organic. That's why they are so expensive" I asked for a manager to come over and of course the lady had rung up the bananas wrong. I was pissed that the lady had to insist she was right.. uggh.. Who in their right mind woul dpay $15 for organic bananas. lol

Sparkyfire
by Gold Member on Sep. 3, 2012 at 10:26 PM

I didn't think to write her name down. but the managers will know who was workin which register.. so I might next time i'm in there.

Quoting Caitlin10081989:

Report her to the manager. Let the manager know that you took care of it, but the manager can keep an eye on the grocery worker so it does not happen to someone else. 

Rhonda142
by Silver Member on Sep. 3, 2012 at 10:38 PM
1 mom liked this

First of all a budget nazi is not a bad thing second of all you should have just said can I speak with a manager no sense in getting upset it would have been fixed pronto and would have made her look really stupid with her trying to be a smartass to you. I would have giggled a lil as I was leaving. You were right after all.

PinkHairMAMA
by on Sep. 3, 2012 at 10:44 PM
1 mom liked this
It should be on your receipt too.

When I read your title I thought you meant one that actually was sick and needed a Kleenex and some germ-x. LOL!!

Quoting Sparkyfire:

I didn't think to write her name down. but the managers will know who was workin which register.. so I might next time i'm in there.

Quoting Caitlin10081989:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)