Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

I was at home with my 1 yr old.  I was 22 and thought the news was airing something from years ago at first.  I then paid attention and the 2nd plane hit.  I was so shocked.  I was so sad instantly and that lasted quite a while.  I was in the midwest and didn't know of anyone involved personally.

I watched the news and then wrote my dd a letter of everything I love and hope for her. I cried the whole process of writing it.

I wasn't sure what was going to happen.  

by on Sep. 8, 2012 at 10:48 AM
Replies (11-20):
lovelyladybump
by on Sep. 8, 2012 at 10:54 AM
I was in grade 7. They brought a TV into our classroom, because it was history in the making and we would remember that day for the rest of our lives. My mom came and picked me up from school at lunch. (she was going to anyway, she bought me a cat) When we got back to the house, we sat on the couch, watched the news, and cried.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
shadow_lark
by Gold Member on Sep. 8, 2012 at 10:55 AM
I was in 6th grade. i had no idea what all the hoopla was and why they were expecting us to be sad.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CJs_mom_09
by Member on Sep. 8, 2012 at 10:55 AM
11th grade Vo-tech.... classes canceled and we just watched the news and talked about how we were feeling and some cried because they thought the world was ending...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Temecula_Mama
by on Sep. 8, 2012 at 10:56 AM
I was 15 getting ready for school. I lived in California. I cried on the way to school. My brother was stationed in ny at the time and went down to help with body removal.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Hi_Rae
by on Sep. 8, 2012 at 10:56 AM
I was in my 6th grade social studies class, the teacher from across the hall ran in our room and told us to turn on the TV, just in time to see the 2nd plane hit
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
krystlzd3
by Platinum Member on Sep. 8, 2012 at 10:56 AM
I was 14. I was just getting out of bed when the 1st plane hit. I got to school and heard some friends talking about it, so I went into the library to ask the librarian and she had a tv hooked up watching it and I got in there just in time to see the 2nd plane hit. Every class all day was watching the news. So, basically classes were cancelled, but they still had us attend to help keep track of us in case anything was planned for Seattle.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
southern.momof2
by Mel on Sep. 8, 2012 at 10:57 AM
Taking care of my grandmother who was on her death bed. I actually lived with her and got to sleep in that morning because her nurse was there early. The nurse came to wake me and tell me what happened.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
pinkcoffeecup
by Gold Member on Sep. 8, 2012 at 10:58 AM

I was home.  Dh had gone to work already. I had the day off. I fell asleep again. It had to been closer to 9am. I get up. Turn the tv on. 911 had just happened. I was in shock.  Our son was in school that day.  

deadlights86
by on Sep. 8, 2012 at 10:58 AM
I was a freshman in high school I have no idea what class. I didn't really find out what happened till after school. My dad picked me up which never happened. His work was a potential target so everybody got sent home.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
I_love_doritos
by on Sep. 8, 2012 at 10:59 AM
I just had woken up. I asked my mom what movie she was watching. She told me it wasn't a movie that it was really happing. The phone lines were all tied up and you couldn't make a call out
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)