Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

I was at home with my 1 yr old.  I was 22 and thought the news was airing something from years ago at first.  I then paid attention and the 2nd plane hit.  I was so shocked.  I was so sad instantly and that lasted quite a while.  I was in the midwest and didn't know of anyone involved personally.

I watched the news and then wrote my dd a letter of everything I love and hope for her. I cried the whole process of writing it.

I wasn't sure what was going to happen.  

by on Sep. 8, 2012 at 10:48 AM
Replies (31-40):
Lizard_Lina
by Bronze Member on Sep. 8, 2012 at 11:04 AM
I was in my German class. The principal got on the pa and told everyone we were safe. The teachers were instructed not to turn on any tv. We had no idea what was going on for half the day but people were being pulled left and right from school all day. I went home, hugged my mom, and watched news cast of people looking for loved ones. We watched flight 93 circle above us on its way back to new York. We didn't know that's what it was at the time.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommykate4
by Bronze Member on Sep. 8, 2012 at 11:05 AM

Junior  in hs.(16 years old)..i was it the cafeteria at lunch on tv for the first time but heard about it in the halls...and when scool got over i remenber turning on my car and the raidio hosts from the mourning show were still on air talking about it...then my mom telling me to go put gas i n my car because we didn't know what was going to happen and we heard gas prices were crazy...and me and my family did alot of praying and i cryed...

Shaylyn318
by on Sep. 8, 2012 at 11:06 AM

I was home in bed. Living with my ex(he was working the night shift and wasn't home yet) No kids. I was 19. I have the radio on while I sleep. I could hear the dj's talking about a plane hitting a building. Half asleep, wasn't paying that much attention. They kept talking though and then when they said a second plane just hit, I was like WTF? So I got up and turned on the TV and started watching. It was so crazy watching the buildings fall. Later I went over to my grandmas and she lives down the road from a gas station. I walked down to see the cars lined up getting gas. I just remember that erie calm feeling. Just knowing that our country was on lockdown. No one in or out. Planes on the ground.

cassiekitty7
by on Sep. 8, 2012 at 11:06 AM

I was in histology class in vet school.  School was canceled the rest of the day and I went home.  I had no tv so could not see what happened really. 

MaryanneMac
by Bronze Member on Sep. 8, 2012 at 11:08 AM

I was at work, in DC.  It was horrible.

Hippie.Gypsy
by on Sep. 8, 2012 at 11:09 AM

I was at home in bed, woke up because the phone rang.

I must be very desensitized because at the time, it was like watching a movie. I did not feel shocked or anything.

Cutie3.14Katie
by on Sep. 8, 2012 at 11:10 AM

8th Grade English Class for the first plane then the second plane we had switched classes to History. All we did was watch and cry. They let the kids with military parents (me) call their parents to make sure everyone was okay. Montgomery, AL. 

CafeMom Tickers
waitWHAT
by on Sep. 8, 2012 at 11:11 AM
I was in middle school and the teachers didn't stop teaching to turn on the tv. I didn't even hear about til later that day. And even after hearing about it I didn't realize it was something that would change the world.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
XJetX
by on Sep. 8, 2012 at 11:11 AM
I was 17 and sitting in the recliner watching the news. Which was odd, because 1-I was never up that early, and 2-I never watched the news
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Arwyn724
by on Sep. 8, 2012 at 11:12 AM

Flight 93 was being flown toward Washington, DC, not back to New York.

Quoting Lizard_Lina:

I was in my German class. The principal got on the pa and told everyone we were safe. The teachers were instructed not to turn on any tv. We had no idea what was going on for half the day but people were being pulled left and right from school all day. I went home, hugged my mom, and watched news cast of people looking for loved ones. We watched flight 93 circle above us on its way back to new York. We didn't know that's what it was at the time.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)