Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

GIVEAWAY: "Let's see some funny notes from your kids!!" 5 Moms will WIN CafeMom Tote Bags!!

Posted by on Sep. 9, 2012 at 5:54 PM
  • 69 Replies
1 mom liked this

Let's see some funny notes from your kids...

Post pictures of any funny notes that you have from your kids!

The Stir is working on a slideshow of funny notes from kids and they may feature your photo!

• Reply with one picture at a time.
  • The more times you reply, the more times you enter to win!

writing               sidesplittinglaughter

Five members who reply to this post by September 30th at 11pm will be chosen at random to win a CafeMom Tote Bag!

Giveaway rules:

• The 'Funny Notes from your kids' Giveaway starts 9/9/12 at 9am (ET) and ends 9/30/2012 at 11pm (ET) (the "Giveaway Period").
  • Enter by replying to this post with a picture during the Giveaway Period.
  • Multiple entries are permitted and encouraged, as it increases your chances of winning.
  • Five winners will be selected in a random drawing of all eligible entries to receive a CafeMom Tote Bag.
  • The random drawing shall occur on or about 10/7/12.
  • No Purchase Necessary.
  • Open to US residents 16 years and older.
  • Void where prohibited. Click here for the rest of the Official Rules
by on Sep. 9, 2012 at 5:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
hazy999
by on Sep. 9, 2012 at 10:49 PM

EyeSpyDesigns
by on Sep. 10, 2012 at 9:25 AM
17 moms liked this

I wish I had a photo, but I don't. Though, I'll share anyway, even if I don't qualify. LOL! When my youngest son was about 9, he wrote me the most hilarious note I've ever seen. I went to the store and the kids were left home with their dad. However, dad had to go to sleep for work the next day, which meant there was an opportunity to not go to bed on time for the kids. So I left strict instructions that bed time was 9pm and to be in it at that time. Well, my son made a discovery about himself and since he couldn't wait up to tell me, he decided it was definitely "note worthy".

First, allow me to explain that we're a close knit family, and nothing is off the table when it comes to questions and understanding your body, sex, drugs, puberty, and the millions of other "fun" things to talk to your kids about. I'm not shy about those topics, and it usually ends up being me that has those talks with my kids.

So when my son realized he got his first pubic hair, he decided to write me a note about it. It said, "MOM! I have ONE pubic hair down below! What do I do with it?" Needless to say, when I found the note and read it, I couldn't stand anymore because I was afraid I'd fall over from laughing so hard.The next morning, I showed the note to my husband and he just shook his head and said, "He's YOUR child.. no doubt about it." LOL! Of course, when my son awoke, I discussed with him about his concerns and that he needs to just leave the one hair alone because it will only grow back and to expect more to join in. At first he was a bit annoyed, but later he realized he was becoming a man, so that made it all better. ROFL! He's almost 13 now, and when that story comes up, he just shakes his head and leaves the room. Poor kid. And here I am telling everyone on CafeMom. LOL!

Roo1234
by Bronze Member on Sep. 10, 2012 at 1:54 PM
11 moms liked this

My youngest son wrote this in memory of a family fish who died....

In case you can't read it:

I miss you Hogey.  

I really miss you.

You were one of a kind.

You made me laugh inside when I heard you could read.

You were the best fish ever a boy could have

I miss you:  Lovae Logan

jamieharper08
by on Sep. 10, 2012 at 5:47 PM
12 moms liked this

After sending my 7 year old son, Jameson, to his room for punishment....he slaps this onto the door :D

mysticalmalissa
by Ruby Member on Sep. 11, 2012 at 8:27 AM
10 moms liked this

I know this isnt really funny but its something my now 22 year old son made for me when he was 6. Somehow it managed to make its way into the glovebox of my car and was not lost when our home burned.

JoEllyn1962
by Member on Sep. 12, 2012 at 1:39 AM

I don't have a photo of this, but it's kind of funny. When my DD was in 1st grade, the kids had to write notes to their parents when we went to the school for cirriculum night. Our DD wrote us a note, and it was left on her desk. What she wanted to write was "I hope you like my school", but what she actually wrote was "I hop you lick mi skool". (Um, no, we really didn't want to hop around and lick the school, lol!)

-JoJo

malissaL
by on Sep. 13, 2012 at 9:30 PM

SerenaRose3
by on Sep. 14, 2012 at 12:34 AM
23 moms liked this

she meant it to say I am good at singing. lol

Babujai
by Bronze Member on Sep. 14, 2012 at 2:47 PM
7 moms liked this

It's not really letter, but I wanted to share.  My son was trying to decide if my burgers were better than fast food restaurants.

pasteeater
by on Sep. 14, 2012 at 3:08 PM
3 moms liked this

Awww I feel so sad for him!  Kids are always harder on themselves than we ever can be!

Quoting jamieharpr08:

After sending my 7 year old son, Jameson, to his room for punishment....he slaps this onto the door :D

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN