Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

GIVEAWAY: "Let's see some funny notes from your kids!!" 5 Moms will WIN CafeMom Tote Bags!!

Posted by   + Show Post

Let's see some funny notes from your kids...

Post pictures of any funny notes that you have from your kids!

The Stir is working on a slideshow of funny notes from kids and they may feature your photo!

• Reply with one picture at a time.
  • The more times you reply, the more times you enter to win!

writing               sidesplittinglaughter

Five members who reply to this post by September 30th at 11pm will be chosen at random to win a CafeMom Tote Bag!

Giveaway rules:

• The 'Funny Notes from your kids' Giveaway starts 9/9/12 at 9am (ET) and ends 9/30/2012 at 11pm (ET) (the "Giveaway Period").
  • Enter by replying to this post with a picture during the Giveaway Period.
  • Multiple entries are permitted and encouraged, as it increases your chances of winning.
  • Five winners will be selected in a random drawing of all eligible entries to receive a CafeMom Tote Bag.
  • The random drawing shall occur on or about 10/7/12.
  • No Purchase Necessary.
  • Open to US residents 16 years and older.
  • Void where prohibited. Click here for the rest of the Official Rules
by on Sep. 9, 2012 at 5:54 PM
Replies (21-30):
jbyrd898
by Bronze Member on Sep. 14, 2012 at 7:53 PM

These are funny!

kiaras_mommy
by on Sep. 14, 2012 at 8:46 PM
5 moms liked this

My 5 year old is just now starting to write so she's not really writing notes yet but here's a funny picture she drew for her daddy. I love the light saber. Gutter mind. lol

ELVIS NEVER DID NO DRUGS!!! -Penn Jillette big smile mini

ScrChk23
by Amanda on Sep. 14, 2012 at 8:53 PM
1 mom liked this
Ahahahahaha!!!!

Quoting EyeSpyDesigns:

I wish I had a photo, but I don't. Though, I'll share anyway, even if I don't qualify. LOL! When my youngest son was about 9, he wrote me the most hilarious note I've ever seen. I went to the store and the kids were left home with their dad. However, dad had to go to sleep for work the next day, which meant there was an opportunity to not go to bed on time for the kids. So I left strict instructions that bed time was 9pm and to be in it at that time. Well, my son made a discovery about himself and since he couldn't wait up to tell me, he decided it was definitely "note worthy".

First, allow me to explain that we're a close knit family, and nothing is off the table when it comes to questions and understanding your body, sex, drugs, puberty, and the millions of other "fun" things to talk to your kids about. I'm not shy about those topics, and it usually ends up being me that has those talks with my kids.

So when my son realized he got his first pubic hair, he decided to write me a note about it. It said, "MOM! I have ONE pubic hair down below! What do I do with it?" Needless to say, when I found the note and read it, I couldn't stand anymore because I was afraid I'd fall over from laughing so hard.The next morning, I showed the note to my husband and he just shook his head and said, "He's YOUR child.. no doubt about it." LOL! Of course, when my son awoke, I discussed with him about his concerns and that he needs to just leave the one hair alone because it will only grow back and to expect more to join in. At first he was a bit annoyed, but later he realized he was becoming a man, so that made it all better. ROFL! He's almost 13 now, and when that story comes up, he just shakes his head and leaves the room. Poor kid. And here I am telling everyone on CafeMom. LOL!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
troubled2012
by on Sep. 14, 2012 at 8:55 PM

omg lol -___-

Quoting kiaras_mommy:

My 5 year old is just now starting to write so she's not really writing notes yet but here's a funny picture she drew for her daddy. I love the light saber. Gutter mind. lol

mommaof697
by on Sep. 14, 2012 at 9:01 PM
1 mom liked this

my daughter was 2 maybe 3 and she "wrote" (i use that term very loosly) me a note.  It said "I love mommy more than daddy."  (i neede her to translate it for me)  I copied it and put it in her scrapbook.  BTW My DH just smiled and said goofy. 

RetiredUSAFWife
by on Sep. 14, 2012 at 9:32 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't have the notes now, as my daughter is thirty years old. But when she was about eight, I'd told her about the fifth of November, and Guy Fawkes night. (I am British and was born in England). I told her the detals, not thinking anything else about it. About a week or so later she came home from school with her written work, and she had told the teacher that it was SLY FOX day, so that's what her written story was. I just couldn't help it, I just had to laugh, you see, Guy Fawkes, must sound a little like SLY FOX to kids. LOL.

acrylicmom
by on Sep. 14, 2012 at 9:40 PM

BUMP!

acrylicmom
by on Sep. 14, 2012 at 9:40 PM

bump for later

OBXLady1900
by on Sep. 14, 2012 at 9:41 PM
2 moms liked this

I am unable to post the note, but I shall share with you the details of the incident leading up to his writing me a note.  I don't remember what the specific circumstances were, but my son and I had been having a rough week, first one thing and then another.  I was an accomplished pianist.  Anyway, in the middle of the afternoon or early evening, I would "do my thing" on the piano.  On this particular day, when I sat down on the piano bench, placing my fingers on the keys to start playing the piano, on top of the sheet music was a note.  It said:

'SOMETIMES I LIKE YOU AND SOMETIMES I DON'T."

"DO YOU UNDERSTAND?"

"YES _____ NO______"

Initially I was so proud of him for feeling free enough to voice his frustration knowing that I had been an advocate of "non-judgmental" parenting.  I checked on the space for "YES", and returned the note to him at bedtime.  We shared our mutual frustrations with each other, I read him a book (we did this nightly), we gave each other big hugs, and we kissed each other goodnight.  I did ask if I could keep his note, and he nodded his head.

My son is now 32 y.o., and he was in the first grade.  But he handwriting was legible, and I have always treasured his note.

cnlsmommy
by on Sep. 14, 2012 at 9:59 PM
1 mom liked this
Oh my goodness!! That's great!

Quoting kiaras_mommy:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)