Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

I"m soooo excited

Posted by on Sep. 10, 2012 at 10:53 AM
  • 7 Replies

My dd is auditioning today for a role in a musical @ school.   She's in a drama program (her whole schedule revolves around theatre with the exception of math and science)so she has to audtion for class credit.  But this is her first audition (since her auditions to get in the school) everyone keep their fingers crossed for her!!!

by on Sep. 10, 2012 at 10:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
kansasmom1978
by Katie on Sep. 10, 2012 at 10:54 AM

audition to get in school? What kind of school is it? Never heard of classes being around theater

Msgme
by Platinum Member on Sep. 10, 2012 at 11:04 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting kansasmom1978:

audition to get in school? What kind of school is it? Never heard of classes being around theater

She's  a theatre major in her HS.  just started.  Everything with the  exception of math and science  revolves around her major. Her spanish class is somewhat theatre themed but only to an extent. 

Her English Class is Theatre classics, her gym class is stage movement,  her art class is set design. Her social studies is theatre history but from a gloabal perspective.

kansasmom1978
by Katie on Sep. 10, 2012 at 11:05 AM

Wow that sounds like fun! 

Quoting Msgme:

Quoting kansasmom1978:

She's  a theatre major in her HS.  just started.  Everything with the  exception of math and science  revolves around her major. Her spanish class is somewhat theatre themed but only to an extent. 

Her English Class is Theatre classics, her gym class is stage movement,  her art class is set design. Her social studies is theatre history but from a gloabal perspective.

dandylynes
by Gold Member on Sep. 10, 2012 at 11:07 AM

Good luck!  My daughter goes to a similar kind of school, so I hear you.  She will do fantastic, I've been following a couple of your school related posts and it seems our schools are similar.

Msgme
by Platinum Member on Sep. 10, 2012 at 11:14 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting dandylynes:

Good luck!  My daughter goes to a similar kind of school, so I hear you.  She will do fantastic, I've been following a couple of your school related posts and it seems our schools are similar.

So far i'm loving everything about this school.  Even better so is she.  She just texted me to tell me she's gonna knock the audition outta the park.

dandylynes
by Gold Member on Sep. 10, 2012 at 11:26 AM

Looking forward to hear how it went and what play it is.  Since it seems that the schools are so similar, I am truly interested in this.

My daughter auditions in a couple of weeks, even though she's in the class it's also part of the grade and since she's a Freshman this year, she gets to go to TheatreFest if she auditions well, which I'm sure she will (she was the lead in the play for 8th grade).

Quoting Msgme:

Quoting dandylynes:

So far i'm loving everything about this school.  Even better so is she.  She just texted me to tell me she's gonna knock the audition outta the park.

Msgme
by Platinum Member on Sep. 10, 2012 at 11:45 AM

The play that she's auditioning today for is Nunsense.  which i didnt know what it was until i googled it. Its really funny she got me a copy of it and it was laugh out loud.  then on wednesday this week, are the auditions for Camelot.  her middle school didnt do any kind of school plays  but she was in an afterschool drama program for 6th and 7th grade. Where she got a lot of practice at writing.  For an 8th grade English assignment she wrote a play based on little red riding hood.  the wolf decided to sue the red for damages. She wrote it, directed and  was little Red riding hood.

Quoting dandylynes:

Looking forward to hear how it went and what play it is.  Since it seems that the schools are so similar, I am truly interested in this.

My daughter auditions in a couple of weeks, even though she's in the class it's also part of the grade and since she's a Freshman this year, she gets to go to TheatreFest if she auditions well, which I'm sure she will (she was the lead in the play for 8th grade).

Quoting Msgme:

Quoting dandylynes:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)