Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

*update* Moms with kids on adhd meds help

Update: his doctor actually stayed late to see him this evening and they upped his meds. He will get a regular 5mg tablet at school at noon. Thanks for the advice ladies.

My son is on aderall xr 5mg once a day well it wears off at about 1230-1. He then becomes out of control. He slings himself he bucks and bows his body. Runs around screaming. His teachers sent home a note from school asking me to get him into the doctor asap and don't send him back until he's.under control.

I'm at a loss here. What more can they give him? He's already been on ritilan and tenex and it was just to much for him.

Anyone know of anything I can do or say. I'm at my wits end.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 10, 2012 at 5:59 PM
Replies (11-13):
lovehimforever
by Bronze Member on Sep. 10, 2012 at 8:43 PM
My son is on guanfacine
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
1likeme
by on Sep. 10, 2012 at 8:50 PM
The school should not be sending you notes demanding you medicate your son. If his behavior is that poor they need to set up a behavioral plan in a meeting that includes you.
3lilmonsters88
by ★amber★ on Sep. 10, 2012 at 8:58 PM
He has an iep with a behavioral plan. He's medicated already. I plan on speaking to the principal in the morning.

Quoting 1likeme:

The school should not be sending you notes demanding you medicate your son. If his behavior is that poor they need to set up a behavioral plan in a meeting that includes you.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)