Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

anybody get married at the courthouse ?

Posted by on Sep. 11, 2012 at 6:07 AM
  • 23 Replies
If so how did it work,how many people where there what was the cost etc ?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 11, 2012 at 6:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MrsApple
by Gold Member on Sep. 11, 2012 at 6:24 AM

My husband and I did!I was just the two of us (aside from the judge and a few clerks).All it cost for us was the price of the marriage license.It was exactly the way we wanted it :)

Livv066
by Silver Member on Sep. 11, 2012 at 7:49 AM
If you mean family...It was my mom, dad, bro, sil, & niece who was a baby. My BIL was there also. It was $25 for the license, that was it.
It was just us in the little room. Other people who were waiting to get married, were outside the room.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kansasmom1978
by Katie on Sep. 11, 2012 at 7:52 AM

Yes I did. There were about 25 people there. It cost us 50 dollars.

Jaxsonsmama2009
by Silver Member on Sep. 11, 2012 at 7:53 AM
No but sometimes I wish I had!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
A_McCool
by Bronze Member on Sep. 11, 2012 at 7:53 AM

It only cost the price of the marriage license, and there was no one there but us.  Unless you want to count the people that work in the county clerk's office.

skeletor1017
by Bronze Member on Sep. 11, 2012 at 7:55 AM

It cost us $50 for the license. We only had my mom and his BIL there as witnesses. The magistrate asked my hubs if he took me as his wife and then asked if I took him as my hubs and we said yes and that was the end of our vows. 

Mrs.Pedro
by Silver Member on Sep. 11, 2012 at 8:00 AM
It was like $60. We filled out paperwork, Showed my I.D. And birth certificate, and my hubby's passport and I.D.(he's not a citizen so he used his passport). We waited a week I think for the papers to be done behind the desk, and went back up to sign the marriage license. We had to then go in front of the justice with two witnesses who signed our papers stating they witnessed it, then said our vows over the Bible(till death do you part). That was it. If we hadn't gotten the run around so much it wouldn't have been too long of a process, but we asked what we needed and got told one thing but ended up needing something else.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Aamy
by Ruby Member on Sep. 11, 2012 at 8:01 AM
I did. Not many ppl there. Think.it cost $80.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Megan11587
by on Sep. 11, 2012 at 8:02 AM

I did.  You show up at your appointment, and exchange the vows.  Took about 15 mins and it cost about $15.00.  We had 8 people there.

BrownEyedGirl86
by Platinum Member on Sep. 11, 2012 at 8:04 AM
I did 1 yr and 1 day ago
We went to a park w mil our 2 children mils bf ( our witnesses) and the mayor.

It cost us the price of the license ($24) and I got a pair of flats a dress and my 2 wedding bands and dh's wedding ring. Plus dh's white button up
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)