Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

College Professor Breastfed in the Middle of a Lecture!?

Posted by on Sep. 11, 2012 at 7:53 PM
  • 118 Replies
1 mom liked this

http://moms.today.com/_news/2012/09/11/13806173-is-it-ok-for-a-college-professor-to-breast-feed-during-lecture#comments

This story had me shaking my head.  I can't imagine that any of the students were able to concentrate on a word that she was saying. 

by on Sep. 11, 2012 at 7:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
A.J.s_mommy
by Ruby Member on Sep. 11, 2012 at 7:54 PM
I can't open it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mjande4
by Silver Member on Sep. 11, 2012 at 7:57 PM

Hmm.  I tried the link and it went directly to the MSNBC site/story.  Essentially a college professor brought her baby to work, because the child was SICK and as she was giving a lecture just randomly decided the baby needed to be fed. 

Quoting A.J.s_mommy:

I can't open it.

A.J.s_mommy
by Ruby Member on Sep. 11, 2012 at 7:57 PM
Some links won't open when I'm mobile.

Quoting mjande4:

Hmm.  I tried the link and it went directly to the MSNBC site/story.  Essentially a college professor brought her baby to work, because the child was SICK and as she was giving a lecture just randomly decided the baby needed to be fed. 

Quoting A.J.s_mommy:

I can't open it.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
singlemom1208
by on Sep. 11, 2012 at 7:57 PM
1 mom liked this

Lucky she can even bring "it" to work

MicheleJM
by Platinum Member on Sep. 11, 2012 at 7:58 PM
1 mom liked this

I can't open it either but can't understand why she couldn't call a short break so she could feed the child. "shrug"

KelliansMom
by Gold Member on Sep. 11, 2012 at 7:59 PM
8 moms liked this

considering the class and lecture was  Sex, Gender, and Culture ....I dont see this all that strange...I had some really interesting profesors in college and a few that did bring their kids/infents to work, now non breastfeed during the lecture but it wouldnt have distracted me at all 

A.J.s_mommy
by Ruby Member on Sep. 11, 2012 at 8:00 PM
1 mom liked this
I wouldn't be distracted at all.

Quoting KelliansMom:

considering the class and lecture was  Sex, Gender, and Culture ....I dont see this all that strange...I had some really interesting profesors in college and a few that did bring their kids/infents to work, now non breastfeed during the lecture but it wouldnt have distracted me at all 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mjande4
by Silver Member on Sep. 11, 2012 at 8:00 PM

That seems to be part of the controversy. I would think that bringing an infant to a college class is frowned upon.

Quoting singlemom1208:

Lucky she can even bring "it" to work

mjande4
by Silver Member on Sep. 11, 2012 at 8:03 PM
4 moms liked this

Considering people are paying tuition for the class and the professor is clearly NOT giving it her full attention, I would not pleased.

Quoting KelliansMom:

wulfeyes05
by on Sep. 11, 2012 at 8:03 PM
4 moms liked this

She had a sick baby she had to take to work and she fed her child when it was hungry. It wouldn't have bothered me. If someone would have said something inappropriate about it I would have told them to grow up they're just boobs and the baby is hungry. If she didn't cover herself then she probably should have, but it's just boobs.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN