Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

people who do NOT follow the "christian" god....answer a question for me.

Posted by on Sep. 12, 2012 at 11:21 AM
  • 44 Replies

Poll

Question: what are your feelings on Christians (a in general outlook.)?

Options:

they a group of great people

Many of them are judgemental

I hate them all

Way to pushy

They are a group of assholes

I want to believe in god but seeing how they treat people prevent me from doing so

I cant stand churches.

They TRY to be nice but come across badly

other

I am a follower of the one true god and just wanted to see the results

I am a follower of the one true god and just wanted to vote HEHEHE

some are cool some are jerks

the majority are cool a few of them are jerks

few are cool many of them are jerk

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 81

View Results

Raising 5 kids and married to a Richard!

Desirey 11/03     Xzavier 4/05   Donald 2/06  Dylan 12/08   Arlo 12/10

by on Sep. 12, 2012 at 11:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
gypsy_rose
by Ruby Member on Sep. 12, 2012 at 11:23 AM

I am not voting because I want to see what OTHERS think.

mom2monsterboys
by on Sep. 12, 2012 at 11:24 AM
1 mom liked this
I believe in God, but I don't believe in the institution of church.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PranaPilot
by on Sep. 12, 2012 at 11:25 AM
4 moms liked this

I don't really view Christians "as a whole" Anyone can be a Christian. Judgemental people, wonderful people, assholes....what does being Christian have to do with it?

singlemom1208
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
crzy4mc
1 mom liked this
My mom is a pastor and very judgmental. I vowed never to be like her which is why I avoid going to church. This has her convinced I'm a rebel going to hell. I know where I stand and am at peace with that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MsRkg
by Bronze Member on Sep. 12, 2012 at 11:29 AM

I find and believe that a majority (read:NOT ALL)of those who follow organized religion are judgemental assholes...and that if you do not follow the rules of their invisible man in the sky or their beliefs, then you are going to end up in this imaginary land of fire and brimstone and tortured for the rest of your immortal life...yea right.

gypsy_rose
by Ruby Member on Sep. 12, 2012 at 11:30 AM

I know a VERY VERY pushy christian and I am trying to prove to him it is people like HIM that give Christianity a bad name and that many the NON Christians have a bad view of Christians because of pushiness. 

Quoting PranaPilot:

I don't really view Christians "as a whole" Anyone can be a Christian. Judgemental people, wonderful people, assholes....what does being Christian have to do with it?

Raising 5 kids and married to a Richard!

Desirey 11/03     Xzavier 4/05   Donald 2/06  Dylan 12/08   Arlo 12/10

..MoonShine..
by on Sep. 12, 2012 at 11:31 AM

I don't have a perception of Christians as a whole. Like with any other group of people, it is the INDIVIDUAL. I don't like blanket statements or blanket judgements. My dad is a Christian and an AMAZING guy. He thinks I'm wrong, but he doesn't push and is NEVER ugly about it. One that I believe has genuinely good intentions and has a CONVERSATION with me rather than preach at me. My mom...is the opposite. Got very ugly and I had to go as far as block her calls and texts.  

PranaPilot
by on Sep. 12, 2012 at 11:33 AM

I don't know. I kind of think it's silly and all relative. I am not a fan of anyone who speaks to me about religion, because it's personal and I was raised that it's rude. So IMO anyone who invites me to their church "gives Christians a bad name" by that standard. Really they just give themselves a bad name. I don't think most people are dumb enough to judge a group of people by one person who claims to have something in common with them. If he has brown hair, does he give brunettes a bad name too?

Quoting gypsy_rose:

I know a VERY VERY pushy christian and I am trying to prove to him it is people like HIM that give Christianity a bad name and that many the NON Christians have a bad view of Christians because of pushiness. 

Quoting PranaPilot:

“The biggest cause of trouble in the world today is that the stupid people are so sure about things and the intelligent folks are so full of doubts.”

- Bertland Russell

alreadydidthis
by on Sep. 12, 2012 at 11:35 AM
This

Quoting PranaPilot:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN