Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Being bullied at the age of two

Posted by on Sep. 18, 2012 at 8:27 AM
  • 23 Replies

I took my daughter, nieces, and nephew out to play at the play ground behind my apartment about 6p I was focused on my 1 year old niece and my daughter was sitting on the little hill behind me and some kid just hit her in the mouth she was screaming and holding her mouth(luckily there was no blood). I grabbed my daughter by the hand and we walked up the hill(i handed my 1 year old niece to her 10 year old sister) to a group of boys who were standing there between 10 and 6 in age.

They imediately started going I didn't do it that was him, and they began pointing fingers at eachother.

She said along with my nephew it was a little boy and a little girl, I made her point the kids out and I told them all "I don't hit and put my hands on you all, but if I see it happen again i'm filing a police report and if the police don't do anything I will take ya'll home myself and start talking to your moms and if that don't work then i'll handle ya'll by myself now scatter and go get your moms and tell them to come kick me."

Mind you, Iam 4ft 7 1/2 and 26 years old. Well one of the kids went and got their mama she got in my face and I told her " ur kid hit my daughter in the mouth, she says "no my kids were with me blah blah blah," I looked directly at her having never seen her and said "well all I know is next time it happens i'm calling the police."

She tells the kids "next time she says something to you tell her off." She then takes them all home.

Obviously if one of the little boys went all the way home and got his mom he's guilty of hitting my daughter because the rest of them were just standing around. The little girl took off and I couldn't find her.

These kids need to learn respect for adults. I make it a point to speak in a tone that will scare a child when i'm angry because it lets them know iam serious. I do not put my hands on any child not even my own unless she screws up bad enough.

My question is this would you have done what I did?????

She has been bullied before which is why I keep her inside with me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 18, 2012 at 8:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
happymommy1105
by Platinum Member on Sep. 18, 2012 at 8:29 AM
Wow just plain wow
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommy_2_be_2010
by Platinum Member on Sep. 18, 2012 at 8:39 AM
1 mom liked this
My child shouldn't have to go through what I went through as a kid. She's only two and it pisses me off that other kids are still so cruel.

I plan on calling management today and letting them know if I have my child back there again and someone hits her the police will be called

Quoting happymommy1105:

Wow just plain wow

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dcdmattison03
by Silver Member on Sep. 18, 2012 at 8:54 AM
1 mom liked this

My son was starting to get bullied but I told him point blank if somebody puts there hands on you then you hit them back then tell me or whoever. after that he quit being bullied.

In your case i probally would have went off on the momma too, based on her actions that is why her kids act the way they do. I have been in your place where I have had to face off with som trifling kids momma and will do it again when it comes to mine.

twisted_charlie
by on Sep. 18, 2012 at 9:33 AM

That's just sad. I think you handled it way better than I would have. This little 5 year old child decided it was okay to bully my DD when she was 2. After talking with his mother, I could see where he got it from. Him and his mother are not allowed anywhere near my DD and they know it.

mommy_2_be_2010
by Platinum Member on Sep. 18, 2012 at 9:37 AM
1 mom liked this
The kids around here are extremely disrespectful
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tears30314
by Bronze Member on Sep. 18, 2012 at 11:32 AM
1 mom liked this
She is simply adorable......I would have said the same and I think you handled it well.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Liyoness
by on Sep. 18, 2012 at 11:35 AM

What makes you so sure that your kid was hit in the mouth on purpose?

I don't see why adults should deserve any respect - you went off on these kids and started threatening without having any idea what the story was.

evelynolivesmom
by on Sep. 18, 2012 at 11:39 AM

I have no idea what I would've done, but it sounds like the other mom is teaching her children to act like savages

kgsharber
by Gold Member on Sep. 18, 2012 at 11:41 AM
1 mom liked this

where do you live? sounds WAY ghetto!

falling.rayn
by on Sep. 18, 2012 at 11:43 AM

I would have had words with the mother. I know I am only 5' tall but I am gothic and most parents just want me to go away. A few think I will attack them which I never would but yeah I would use it to my advantage. Yes I would call the police if this happened again.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)